Want to avoid getting burned by a lease-purchase agreement?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by rookietrucker, Dec 13, 2009.

1. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Most dealer financing is more expensive than having your own. Dealers also have other lenders they can place loan if the manufacturer, such as Paccar, will not take the note. I have either paid cash or had my own financing except for one piece of equipment. I paid a higher rate going through the dealer, but it worked for me at the time. Sometimes, the manufacturer will take a higher risk than a local lender.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wolf98

wolf98 Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2013
    bowling green, ky
    I hadn't thought about the manufacturer. Who would be the best manufacturer to try with?

4. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Whichever one makes the truck you want to buy. Paccar for pete and kw, daimlerchrysler for freightliner. Volvo has a finance company as well but i don't know the name of it.

5. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Most of the manufacturer owned finance companies will finance brands other than those they manufacture. I would imagine that they would give preference to their own brand.

6. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Yes they do if on one of their used truck lots. I don't think paccar will finance a new volvo. Tho ive never tried so could be wrong.

7. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    A friend of mine used one of the manufacturer's finance companies to finance his Freightliner and he bought it somewhere else. I think it was International who financed his truck.

8. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    What kind of down payment?....or is it a PacLease deal????

9. wolf98

wolf98 Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2013
    bowling green, ky
    through my local KW dealer I didnt put anything down yet. the truck I want wont be available for another month so I am waiting now until its ready. I am doing a customization deal. getting the truck exactly to the specs I want such as having a Thermo king apu installed, double bunk with top as hideaway etc.

10. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    And their doing this without so much as a credit approval??? or a down payment, security deposit?????....

11. wolf98

wolf98 Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2013
    bowling green, ky
    As I stated in my previous post. I HAVENT PUT ANYTHING DOWN YET DUE TO TRUCK NOT AVAILABLE YET. I did a build your own truck through their website and placed the order. when the truck gets delivered I will have to pay something just unsure how much. I have a month of waiting and saving till I find that info out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.