Water dying off

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by flightwatch, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Ben Gunn

Ben Gunn Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Forgotten Coast
    Best of luck to those of you who are moving on. I'm hoping to stick it out for another 6 months at least. I feel very fortunate to still have work and I realize it could go away at anytime ......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Sure some guys are working. Its been slowing where I am at hauling water in south texas. Rates are being slashed and all the companies are trying to out bid each other. You can still find work but you need to search for the busier companies. The boom has bust and it aint coming back like it was a few years ago.

4. ironmule

ironmule Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    PNW
    Same thing going on the the Bakken,The strong Large Companies will survive.

fr8monkey Thanks this.
  5. Seattle206

Seattle206 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Good Luck TracyN

6. jaxoilman

jaxoilman Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2012
    any idea how much have things slowed down in the bakken the last two months? (so april and may vs jan, feb, march). are things still getting worse? (i.e. june will be worse than may)

Thanks, just trying to figure out what's going on with water in the bakken. I figure the two strong players, MBI and Nuverra, might start lowering prices a lot to stay busy. Anyone know what's going on with big contracts?

7. QualityMike

QualityMike Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2011
    North Dakota
    I don't think it is about lowering prices, there just is not any work right now in water. No fracking, no big time water hauling. They are going to frack this month and in December (North Dakota law, they cannot sit on uncompleted wells indefinitely), but until the market changes, I think water will be slow for some time. Spoke to a guy that had been here 3 years hauling water and he left the area because it was so slow. Good luck.

jaxoilman Thanks this.
  8. 315wheelbase

315wheelbase Heavy Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Spoke with a friend this afternoon hauling frac sand south of san Antonio,,since February he has only been making $3-4K a week with his truck,,very slow ,,if frac-ing is slow so is water,,

9. Ben Gunn

Ben Gunn Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Forgotten Coast
    I can't speak for ND because I'm in Texas, but down here it's the small players that seem to have slashed rates. The larger companies, being run by professional managers have dropped prices as low as they can go without losing money on each job. Meanwhile I've heard of small players doing just that, working at a loss just to keep some money coming in, and that is always a losing business practice.

10. Dharok

Dharok Medium Load Member

Jun 10, 2015
    I was working for Standard out of San Angelo and we completely died.. No work whatsoever. Select has almost all of the work, all the other ones are barely surviving. Had to move back to NV lol, fun times though, going to miss it haha.

11. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    MBI's problem is they refuse to cut rates beyond a certain point and are now hemorrhaging contracts because of it. Water died for MBI around February in the Northern Division to the point they closed a yard completely and consolidated all northern Ops in Ross (where over a hundred trucks sit idle every night).

I bailed to Crude Oil just in the nick of time, but that is dying a slow death now, too. My time has nearly come to bail out myself.

jaxoilman and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.