Water in Exhaust

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Cruisser, Nov 13, 2015.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2015
    Let the dealer drill the hole of its that big of an issue. Him drilling it will void warranty. Also will provide an exhaust leak forward or under the cab which is a DOT shutdown violation. Second if he spec'd the truck with an Ishift and the dealer went along with it considering the load he hauls and the roads he drives on that was a fail on both of them. If he runs a lot on the dirt roads up there he should have stayed with a manual deep reduction Eaton. Next comes the rear ends and engine. I'm willing to be it's a D13. Depending on the rears he is already behind the 8ball. If he is familiar with the D13 then he knows the torque curve falls off after 1200 rpm. So needing to run it up higher is doing nothing but spinning the motor faster. There is nothing up there to help pull. If he is trying to run this engine like an old Cat or Cummins then he needs to relearn how to operate this engine. He will never be happy with the transmission. If shifting parameters are changed to make him happy with running his engine to 1800 he will be unhappy with the power. He either needs to sit down with the salesman and their dealer rep to find or produce a shift program that will do what he wants. If no get rid of the truck and get another spec'd correctly for the application intended.

Cruisser Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dustinbrock

dustinbrock Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2012
    saskatoon,sk
    on a 2014 we had a issue with slobbering out of the stack, it was actually black on our pipe like a pre emission truck. haven't ever gotten a straight answer but we were told not to idle up the rpm on these truxks and that's what volvo recommended but another dealer told me I'm not in California where volvo tests this theory and it don't mean #### in cold Canada so we should be reving it up.

we idle alot due to the job we do, been a couple years and no emission issue yet so who knows.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.