Weird shaking on my 2012 670 D13

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Sash91, Jul 4, 2014.

1. cabwrecker

cabwrecker The clutch wrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    [QUOTE="semi" retired;4113220]Kingpins are on the steer axle, but I doubt that, your truck isn't that old. That throttle and putting into neutral thing just seems like drive line.I know, makes for a long day. Like I say, U-joints are weird, there may not be any slop when you grab the driveshaft, but when you take them apart, you'll see the "galling"( little dents where the bearings ride)and u-joints take most of the shock. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but he would be getting a banging sound from the kingpins if they were going out, or just in need of grease- either way, they'd make themselves known for maintenance.
    I think you were spot on with the harmonic balance.
    Those Volvo engines are weird, and pretty ###### finky. Too bad it's not a cummins, OP.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Duramaxxed

Duramaxxed Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Bourbonnais, IL
    Injectors. Volvo has released updated injectors to fix a misfire under load. I have replaced tons of injector sets for this issue. They should warranty or atleast give you parts for free if it is out of warranty. They know they have the issue. Good luck.

Johny41 Thanks this.
  4. Sash91

Sash91 Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2013
    I think if it's my injectors then I'll be screwed because I'm just about 160.000 km over warranty. That will be hard convincing them to still cover it for me.

5. Duramaxxed

Jan 2, 2012
    Bourbonnais, IL
    This is a VERY common issue with the d13 and d11. If you are the first owner of the vehicle they will usually goodwill the injectors for you. Just need to find the right dealer. Btw, injectors have to be ordered per job and no dealer has them in stock ready to go. So expect a few days down if it is an injector issue.

6. RSB34

RSB34 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2013
    ny.
    duramaxxed I have a 06 with a ved 12 in it and every once in a while it will throw a number 4 injector short and run ruff pull over shut truck off wait a min start back up runs fine. is that what you are talking about when u say misfire or do I have a computer fart like I call it?

7. Duramaxxed

Jan 2, 2012
    Bourbonnais, IL
    Likely loose injector terminals. Update for the terminals is available.

RSB34 Thanks this.
  8. Ash-Volvo-tech

Ash-Volvo-tech Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Injector terminals have opened up..

9. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Maybe check the levelling valve, these Volvos seem to be notorious for them. My experience has been any vibration coming up through the seat is usually a driveline issue. As far as too bad it wasn't a Cummins, too bad they implemented this whole emissions crap. Cummins and every other engine manufacturer has the same stinkin' problems.

10. myth

myth Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Check driver tires for balance I had trailer tires causing bad vibration/snacking in cab

11. Sash91

Sash91 Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Brought it to volvo again. They hooked it up finally figured out it was the second and fifth injector. Replaced all injectors and caps. Runs like a charm again. Thanks for your input guys

Shiro Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.