Werner Enterprises as a whole

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Andrew.reguera27, May 12, 2016.

1. FireFighter_02

FireFighter_02 Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    @BostonTanker I'm getting off my trainers truck next week, I want to take my wife out with me when she has time off what do I need to do as far as a passenger permit? I can't remember thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BostonTanker

BostonTanker Road Train Member

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Apply for a passenger permit with permit department

FireFighter_02 Thanks this.
  4. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Apparently, At some point, Their used to be an overweight Trainer at Werner that used to cr@p his pants daily while he was sleeping.

KillingTime Thanks this.
  5. Werner Driver V

Werner Driver V Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2016
    Been with Werner Enterprises for over a year, the company is nothing but a head ache.

My trainer was a joke but other drivers at truck stops in New Jersey & Pennsylvania taught me how to back. I always asked for help and always got it. Training otr took 5 weeks for me. Low pay in training and they screw you by having you sign up for medical insurance before your out of training so don't have a real life with bills if you go through training.

My trainer didn't bathe for those 5 weeks either btw.

I teamed for 12 months after that. Overall I went through 5 teammates.

First quit within 7 days out of training. It took him 5 months to complete training. Idk why it took him so long but by the time he got on the truck he had his notice in.

Second teammate almost set the brakes on fire in Pennsylvania because he didn't know what the engine brake was. He quit after he got a ticket in California for having his tandems all the way back.

Third teammate was an experienced driver. He found a good job at home.

Fourth teammate was a woman who couldn't back. She would wake me up a lot to back for her. She eventually hooked up with some dude and quit.

Fifth teammate was a joke. He pulled a tanker with hazmat with neither endorsement then got stuck at a truck stop just short of a weigh station crapping his pants. He hit a building, he hit a car, he got a ticket driving on a restricted road.

6. Werner Driver V

Werner Driver V Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2016
    Other issues I've had varied.

All issues come back to office personnel & money though.

I have had fm's refuse to give no freight pay and still have loads I have not been paid the dh for.

Other times of your supposed to get 50 dollars a day no freight pay and you sit 3 days they'll haggle you down to $120.

My honest opinion is dedicated is good but otr teams & solo will make you want to fist fight everyone in the office.

Werner office people will always blame you for everything, they will lie to you, and they will cheat you. I promise you that much.

I broke 120,000 miles the last 12 months. I'll be leaving soon because I got a straight forward offer from a subcontractor for Fed Ex.

FireFighter_02 Thanks this.
  7. Mainah

Mainah Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Winslow, Maine
    Ain't that the truth! I found this out real quick when I first started in 2013. I also see that pay is now .35 cpm. I only got .26 cpm when I was there. There is a reason I left for something better after only three months.

8. johnwayne187

johnwayne187 Medium Load Member

Aug 6, 2016
    how fast are werner trucks governed at?

9. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    As miserable as you were, you should have got out nine months ago.

10. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Saw a dark blue Volvo today on I-64 East.
    I may have one of the last manual Freightliner's.... Gonna nurse this thing til I'm gone.

BostonTanker Thanks this.
  11. BostonTanker

BostonTanker Road Train Member

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Good luck.
    I had one of the last manual KW.
    But it had the mobile eye.
    And every time a car got within 2.5 seconds, it shut the radio off.
    After being gone for a few weeks.. I don't miss the BS.

KillingTime Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.