Western Express Class Action Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by dogg478_1902, Jan 1, 2014.

1. jbee

jbee Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2011
    NC
    While there is no legal definition for the term "Load Abandonment" the fact remains, even though you may have matters of extenuation and mitigation in your favor, I'm sure Western has a policy (Like almost every company, big and small out there) that if you're under a load, and did not either complete the load, or comply with the instructions given once you contacted them, and explained the problem, you did in fact abandon your load with notice. Is this as severe as just dropping your load and leaving everything in the middle of nowhere and just up and quitting?

No. But, try and explain that in the future, once your next potential employer pulls your PSP / Hireright and sees it sticking out like a sore thumb. Can you say "File 13?"

You won't even get a foot in the door.

kjoseph Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LegChops

LegChops Bobtail Member

Mar 13, 2015
    I had informed Western Express to come get the truck at a shop I had parked it at 2 weeks ago, the truck is still sitting there and the shop wants it out. I had informed the company to come and get it or it will be towed. The person I had talked to said that it will be a cost unto me. I do believe that 2 weeks is plenty of time to recover the truck as stated in the contract I had signed that applied to truck number 1590, if a recovery is to be made due to the truck not being returned to the terminal, the remanding escrow and maint account will be taken and used for the recovery. The company is seeking to charge me more, my thoughts are, the company is prolonging their action to recover the truck hoping the truck get towed so the company can try to pin the bill on my behalf, if not, even more cost. The truck that is parked at the shop is 11022, I am not contracted under that truck. Their for its not my responsibility. I really need this Lawyer whom seeks ex drivers of Western Express to contact me if possible pls.

4. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    The name and number of the lawyer is in the first post. Maybe YOU should contact HIM?

5. Hyweighman

Hyweighman Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Pensacola, FL
  6. hvacker

hvacker Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2015
    everywhere, NC
    But, but but, you did abandon the truck. You parked it where it is/was parked right?

7. 2Girls_1Truck

2Girls_1Truck Medium Load Member

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Someone asked earlier and I didn't see an answer: what is the basis of this lawsuit?

Hating your job and feeling "screwed over" aren't grounds for a law suit. You have to prove that they lied about something specifically and that you are actually out something as a direct result of those lies.

My first job I had a crappy truck, til it needed long term repairs and got another one. I got crappy miles and they were forever punking me around when it came to dispatches. I felt they didn't treat us all fairly when it came to long/short runs, didn't pay us load/unload/waiting time/border crossings and I was promised a brand new truck that never materialized before I finally QUIT.

No one is holding a gun to your head, so just walk away and vow to learn something from the experience. Lawsuits are not for hurt feelings.

8. Lowa3468

Lowa3468 Heavy Load Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Portland, Or
    lol....you haven't caught up with us this isn't 1980 lmao....

there are plenty of lawsuits where people have sued and just won for having their feelings hurt...(facebook, twitter, etc..etc..) now a days having ones feelings hurt is defined as bullying, or harrasment, and can even be construed into a hostile work enviroment....no matter what it is there are people will to figure out a way to sue someone else its much easier to make money that way...

where's judge judy when you need her she wouldn't put up with that....lmao...

9. 2Girls_1Truck

2Girls_1Truck Medium Load Member

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    To be more clear: I don't consider defamation, slander or harassment to be frivolous lawsuits. Those are clear cut cases of fks breaking the law and taking something away.

Are these drivers s alleging that Western Express defamed them or harassed them in some way? Because that would be illegal and thus grounds to sue.

How was Western Express criminally negligent in their dealings with the drivers and if the drivers weren't directly defrauded or defamed, what do they expect to be paid for?

I wasn't even alive in 1980 so this isnt an old school/new school thing.

10. CJMC

CJMC Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Yeah, really :-(

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.