Western Express Flatbed Lease

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by UpstateFreight, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Eeyore05

Eeyore05 Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2015
    'Sconni
    So, just for fun, I went back and re-read everything. You never said how much experience you have. I'm lead to believe one year as you state you have 1 year left on your medical card. 1 year is still new in this buisness. Good luck bro....

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 207nomad

207nomad Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2015
    I did too. All I noticed is he said he couldn't get hired on with ATS because he didn't have 1 year OTR. From what I gathered, and this is purely an assumption on my part, is that his only experience is with a trainer... But you know what happens when you assume. Should be an interesting thread regardless.

Eeyore05 Thanks this.
  4. The Big T

The Big T Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    New Hampshire
    Bumping this thread. Original Thread Poster...you still out there? Did you ever get a truck from Quality and go back to haul for Western?

5. UpstateFreight

UpstateFreight Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    Yeah I'm still here. And yes I did get a truck from quality and I have been hauling freight for western. We get to pick our own loads through 3rd party brokers if we choose to, which I really like. We're on percentage which I also like. It's not a bad gig to get started as an owner op. Are there better programs out there. I'm sure of it. Am I satisfied with how things are going, yes.

DudleyBoyNC and The Big T Thank this.
  6. The Big T

The Big T Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    New Hampshire
    Hey, that's great! Glad to hear you're still at it. What did you get for a truck? How long you staying out at a time? How's the freight been paying? I was curious about your experience. Thanks for the reply.

7. UpstateFreight

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    No problem. And I got a 2015 Kenworth T680. Freight is paying okay right now, the market is getting better by the week. I get 70% of the load so I try to book loads that pay around 2200-2600. That brings me around 1400-1900 a load. Three or four of the a week and I'm good. I stay out about 3-4 weeks at a time. And take 3 days off. It's been working out good so far. I live wayyyyyyy up north so I usually book freight going down to the southeast then out west and work my way back to the great white north.

8. Roborope

Roborope Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2016
    Do you have a choice to go through quality or to lease on of their trucks?

9. UpstateFreight

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    Yeah, you just call quality and let them know your interested and then speak with one of the O/O recruiters and they send over an LOI and set up an account, and your all good to go.

10. Md420

Md420 Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Tn
    Can you pick your home time and what does all this turn out to be in net pay. What are you bringing home

11. UpstateFreight

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    Yeah you can go home when ever you want. I usually bring home around 2k a week after expenses. Sometimes it's less, just depends on how the delivery times and pick up times are; deliver on a Tuesday and it goes on next weeks check, deliver on Monday it hits this weeks. The week when I go home, my check will be less and when I come back off home time that check will be less as well. Furthermore, it depends on if I'm in an area with big cash freight moving around.

I live wayyyyyyy upstate in NY so I usually have to dead head 150 miles minimum to pick up freight when coming off hometime. Same goes for going home nine times outta ten I'll drop freight minimum 150 miles from home and have to dead head . I got lucky this week and found a load 9 miles from my house.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.