Western Express?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by dhand23, Nov 26, 2016.

1. dhand23

dhand23 Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2016
    I'm scheduled for orientation at W.E in a few weeks for their flatbed division. I have a little over a year's experience with dry van tractor-trailor, but no experience with a flat bed. I was told by my recruiter that I will start out at .40 CPM and they will train me on load securment.

Does anyone know if they will stay true to this? Because as I did with C.R.England, I forgot to have them send me that in an e-mail for documentation. Also, what can I expect from Western Express overall?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hoodoo Voodoo

Hoodoo Voodoo Medium Load Member

If it was me I would get everything that any recruiter tells me at any company that pertains to pay or whatever if it's for you get information that you're told sent to you through email or however you got to do it. But make sure you get that information sent to you before you show up for orientation

4. dhand23

dhand23 Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2016
    True, I will make sure I do that before I go.

5. Blackmagic1

Blackmagic1 Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2013
    .40 cents from Western Express lol good luck with that. They're on the same level as CR England I've been to both.

smurf-316 Thanks this.
  6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Yeah why Western Express? Do you have something in your background to work for CRE and going to Western? If not you can go to a much better flatbed company.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  7. dhand23

dhand23 Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Yeah, my DAC is messed up because CRE says I abandoned my truck. So I'm not really sure who will hire me at this point, so I figured I'd go with western express at .40 CPM

Prof.Gringo and Chinatown Thank this.
  8. dhand23

dhand23 Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Thanks lonesome, I read through a lot of those posts. It is all making me more nervous. I feel like every company has its pros an con's, as well as unhappy drivers. You can't make everyone happy, and some people are just lazy/bad drivers and will complain about everything. I'm excited about getting on with them. With only a year's experience, I feel like 40 CPM is pretty good. I asked my recruiter to confirm that via e-mail, but hasn't got back to me yet. If he does confirm that I don't see why I shouldn't give them a chance, considering my less then perfect DAC report. We will see I guess...

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Good luck working there. Make it work for you; it's the first step to get where you really want to be. Nice trucks in their fleet.

Prof.Gringo and dhand23 Thank this.
  10. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Best of luck to you. Looking forward to your updates.

blairandgretchen and dhand23 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.