What Are Some of Your Favorite Restaurants OTR?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by LSAgentOZR, Jan 1, 2013.

1. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Chipoltle. Yum. Lol. Joe's Crab Shack ( they did name it after me after all), Olive Garden, its the closest thing to have way decent Italian you can get a truck near.

GAlanFink Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    That sounds good. If you could give drivers a few months to plan around the event, you would probably be able to get more participation. One reason some may not get to the meetings is due to freight availability and time.

4. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Haven't seen one myself where you can get a truck into, but I like Famous Dave's. oops just saw what your looking for. Still a good place though.

5. jackhartjr

jackhartjr Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    Our company gives a $25 card to Outback for every driver that goes to a safety meeting, then another 25 card for a good roadside inspection.
    Jack

scottied67 Thanks this.
  6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
  7. GAlanFink

GAlanFink Medium Load Member

May 8, 2012
    Bucks County, PA
    I'm glad G/Man brought the parking issue up... that's always been my problem with visiting a favorite location too.
    Some good suggestions (being a scuba diver, I NEVER go to Red Lobster - 'if you can smell fish, it isn't fresh').
    Outback and Olive Garden would be my favorites though and they've been mentioned.

'Bigfoot'
    View attachment 40784

LSAgentOZR Thanks this.
  8. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Gift cards usually be used on home time to take family out. So just pick one chain you really like .

SHC Thanks this.
  9. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

+1 for Texas Roadhouse. They tend to be in/near strip malls, so short term parking shouldn't be a problem.

Really, any of the national chains would be good.

There's one card that works at Chili's, Maggiano’s Little Italy, Romano’s Macaroni Grill, and On The Border. Brinker International, who owns (or co-owns) the chains, sells a gift card for all 4 that you can customize.

https://giftcard.brinker.com/brinker/giftcert.asp

10. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    I was hoping for better answers here. Drove past a texas roadhouse east of dallas yesterday and thought it might be worth a few preventables (i.e. parking on top of cars) for a good steak. Maybe I need to schedule some hometime.

11. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Chilis is the only non-truckstop sit down place I have managed to eat at out here. They put them in walmart and home depot parking lots quite a bit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.