What are the right questions to ask a trucking company when joining a lease purchase program

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by dashaker, Apr 28, 2016.

1. dashaker

dashaker Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2014
    hi i have 2yrs experience and im thinking about joining a lease purchase program i was wanting to know what are the questions i should ask and what should i be looking for when trying to pick the right company

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Forget about the sales person at the office.

Go to the shop of your company and talk to the Leased guys who are getting their trucks fixed. If they talk too much, ignore him and pick another guy. Preferably, a guy that will educate you and be a friend to mentor you on how to make the best of it.

Ssand Man and dashaker Thank this.
  4. Jazzy J

Jazzy J Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    georgia
    Is this a walk away lease?
    Is this percentage of load or by mile?
    Is there a ballon payment at end of lease?
    Maintenance account, can I get serviced where I choose.
    And are tires included?

FLYMIKEXL and dashaker Thank this.
  5. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    The most popular question from the anti lease people say you should ask "where's the door? " and get out.
    I say swing away

ZhenyaP1991 and MidWest_MacDaddy Thank this.
  6. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑ this ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

If they say its per mile pay I would move on, haven't heard of one per mile lease rate I'd take. If they say there's a large balloon payment(5 figures) I would also move on.

Also ask to see fleet averages regarding revenue and expenses, about whether dispatch is forced or pick your own freight, and ask to be emailed a sample copy of a lease contract.

Consider a third party lease as well, maybe look into loan mountain truck leasing, and then leasing that truck on.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Jazzy J and dashaker Thank this.
  7. dashaker

Aug 7, 2014
    @Wickedfire77 i just wanna lease for the money ill save n buy my own truck

8. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Then do that as a company driver . Less headaches and almost the same money until it's paid off/completed. And you get benifits.
    I'm not in it for the money. I'm doing it so can own my truck after a 3 yr commitment

9. Jazzy J

Jazzy J Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    georgia
    When you ask lease drivers how they are doing, ask them if they are a trainer or only drive solo.
    The lease drivers that train will say I run 5000 miles a week and bring home $3000 every week. Then they'll say give the recruiter my truck number and name.
    Only talk to solo drivers who lease who are not trying to get paid to recruit.

Wickedfire77 Thanks this.
  10. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    In fact, if a lease co lets lease ops train, it's probably a bad deal, where in order to survive you MUST train new drivers.

11. dashaker

Aug 7, 2014
    i thought u make more money leasing im trying to see 1500 to 2000 a week i dont think thats possible being a company driver

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.