What companies to stay away from?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by razor1983, Jul 20, 2015.

1. razor1983

razor1983 Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    I'm starting the process of looking for a Local driving job. Getting my endorsements and applying at every local company I can find. Are there any companies that I should stay away from?
    Majority of my driving career I have been and OwnerOp, so I dont really have any experience being a company driver. And absolutely no experience being a local or linehaul driver. What are some red flags that would tell that the company is not a good place to work at?

I live in San Diego, anyone here from the region willing to point me in the direction of companies in desperate need of drivers? I would also consider relocating to L.A; Phoenix; and Las Vegas.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I would personally avoid Con-Way and Sysco because of the driver facing cameras.

4. Pintlehook

Pintlehook Road Train Member

May 2, 2013
    OP, depends on what YOU are looking for in a potential employer. I'd write up a list of questions and bring them to any scheduled interviews. Remember that most places will need to "sell" their available position, just as you will need to "sell" yourself as a viable candidate.

No job is perfect, I agree with the other poster that I'd never work for Con Way, but for different reasons than the camera in the truck. I'm not up for driving 4-5 hours, working the dock for 4-5 hours, and then driving 4-5 hours back to the original domicile. 60-70 hours a week is way too much for me when you do it 50 weeks/year. Some guys like it, I don't.

A lot of it is personal preference. Good luck, it's a good time to be a truck driver.

Shaggy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.