What does non excepted interstate permit mean

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Xzay, May 23, 2016.

1. Xzay

Xzay Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2016
    My recruiter called me and told me to go to the DMV before he sends the bus ticket to make sure my permit says non excepted interstate or something, I didn't understand so he sent me an email this is what the line reads

Once u have completed the Physical then take Physical Documents to your Local Dmv to obtain your Cdl Permit, u must have General Knowledge, Air brakes, and Combination.
    Please ensure u have Non Excepted INTERSTATE PERMIT, not Intrastate Permit

I dont really understand?

I know the difference between interstate and intrastate, but is this necessary? How do I even know if my permit is intrastate or interstate

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    You mean the medical card. Go to the DMV with your card and tell them you want to certify as a non excepted interstate driver.

4. Xzay

Xzay Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Will they do it just because I asked, or is there more to it than that? DMVs tend to be complicated for no reason

5. Xzay

Xzay Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2016
    And I don't have the card I just have the long form, they never gave me the card

6. Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    You need both. They might/should do it with the long form.

7. Xzay

Xzay Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2016
    I need both what?
    Permit and DOT to say non excepted or I need both the long form and physical card?

The rectruiter told me I can go to the school with just the long form, and that they're gonna reprint out my permit or something to say Non-excepted interstate on it.

Im really confused as hell tbh.

8. Hoofbeats

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    You need the card and the long form. If you have a card, it shows that you passed your DOT. You can fail and still have your long form. Most LEOs don't want to read your long form to try to figure out if you passed.

9. Xzay

Xzay Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Well its a certificate signed by the doctor saying I passed

10. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    I'll try and make this as simple as possible, based on my foggy memory. #1. The DMV permit is your "learners permit" make sure it's interstate meaning " between states" as apposed to intrastate meaning "within your state". You'll receive this when you have passed the proper written tests.
    #2 The DOT physical, make sure you leave the office with 2 items, the long form which the company will probably put in your personal file.(make a copy of it for yourself) and a DOT card, wallet size you carry that on you at all times.

Xzay Thanks this.
  11. Hoofbeats

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    You'll also get a certificate saying you passed your CDL road test. They'll still want to see your driver's license.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.