What I ve seen at Mercer so far.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Sirroccco, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Sirroccco

Sirroccco Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2015
    San Antonio Tx
    Many drivers here defend Mercer,I am only stating facts as I ve experienced them,first:Mercer is not a bad company out to ruin one s life or do anything unsafe,they are downright friendly when it comes to it.
    Second:this is only my experience,so here it is:
    Before leasing on the promise was to be making an average of 1.71 per mile... Not true,they have lots and lots cheaper freight,as low as .75 cpm pay to the truck.
    Open platform,Flatbed,DD,SD etc freight does pays more,not unusual to find 2.00 a mile in this division,but that wasn t told to me.
    The deadhead,all tolls,scale is paid by contractor and not reimbursed.
    Selection of freight is very limited,there may be one or two good paying loads on the board (1.75 per mile),then you may go to a dead zone,in which case you have 2 options:take a non profitable load to get out of there (.84 to 1.07),but you have to be constantly looking at the loadboard to try and get the better paying loads.
    Some may say that I am just whining...possibly,when all you see is .75- 1.00 a mile pay (includes fuel surcharge),I hope you d be trying to stop others from doing the mistake you did.
    I was told by lying drivers,lying recruiters that a weekly paycheck would be 2k-3k ...haha!!!...
    All I have to say is: if you lease on to Mercer,come to the flatbed division,otherwise think long and hard and if you can,look up their contractors' loadboard,bc that s the board you are going to be getting your loads from and competing to get the good loads.
    P.S.Mercer does get 25% of what the load pays,so it can be anywhere from 100.00 to close to a 1000.00 depending on the load.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    Reason for edit: Additional info.
    Ok big boy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    So I take it you are pulling a van? If so, the van market has been very soft as far as rates go of late, because of an over capacity in equipment, plus shippers and receivers have already got their Christmas inventory where it needs to be by locking up dedicated haulers. All that leaves is the spot market, with too many trucks chasing too few loads. Supply and Demand. This leaves you with no choice but to follow the market region by region to capture freight in hot areas.

pete1 Thanks this.
  4. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    You should've read all of that in the Mercer page. It's all in that 600 page forum.
    It sounds like you'd be happier as a company driver, or a fixed rate lease op.

CJndaTruck, spyder7723 and Sneakerfix Thank this.
  5. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    I don't know of any percentage based O/O job that pays... deadhead miles and scales. I mean really?
    Trucking, especially spot market has dried up recently. Can't pin that on Mercer.
    Saying how it really is though is right, kudos for that.

pete1, spyder7723 and CasanovaCruiser Thank this.
  6. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Thinking I need a pickup load of popcorn for this one.

7. scottlav46

scottlav46 Road Train Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Escanaba, MI
    Lol popcorn...I checked out of this thread the second the op complained about mercer not picking up the deadhead tolls and scales. Somebody didn't do their homework. @CasanovaCruiser is dead nuts right...dude be much happier as a company driver.

8. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    @Sirroccco are you leasing a truck from quality?

9. runningfr8

runningfr8 Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Think this might be a "joined today 1 post and done type thread"

freightwipper Thanks this.
  10. scottlav46

scottlav46 Road Train Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Escanaba, MI
    Lol I think you might be correct there driver

11. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    He'll be back in three months to ##### about Landstar not paying his tolls lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.