What is 88% of the load mean?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by jfrazie7, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Go to a company that offers a least program that doesn't check credit. Running the NE costs a ton of money on tolls. If you don't run toll roads, you'll lose a ton of time on non tool roads.
    Those fees are outrageous imo. They want you to pay for EVERYTHING!
    Find someone that doesn't charge you for plates, permits, trailer, reefer fuel, reimburses scales, lumpers and tolls.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    When, in 80's? ;)

4. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    LMAO. But $350? No way Jose

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Last year. That company still charges the same rental. Probably the same trailers.

6. jfrazie7

jfrazie7 Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2016
    my brain hurts. ok i'm not going to big rock. I was selling myself a dream hoping they where grossing $7,000-$10,000 a week loool :) :) Yes, i know they take off the top of the load which is why i asked what is 88% of "the load" mean. So what do you think i should do with this quailty truck sitting in my driveway for 2 weeks while idk who is paying the bill for it. All i wanna do is pick my own loads and net $2k a week. Should I try roadrunner truckload side?

7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    What company doesn't reimburse for lumpers? That is so bogus. I have never found a broker that did not reimburse for lumpers. The customer (shipper or receiver whoever is paying the fright bills) ALWAYS pays that. That sure must be a lucrative skim for them if they do a lot of reefer!!

8. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Find a company that covers more of those things from their actual percentage. As in the cargo/liability. You will always be on the hook for non trucking liability but that is cheap. You will almost always be on the hook for a plate. Get it yourself to avoid being skimmed. Tolls will normally be on you as an o/o as well in a percentage pay plan. There are companies that pay the reefer fuel, look for those and avoid ones who don't.

They best be hooking you up to brand new reefers for those trailer charges! Escrow charges are bogus imo but there are a LOT of guys out here that couldn't save 50 cents a week from a settlement or get a $3,000 settlement every week but a tire blow out costing them $300 is a threat to put them out of business. If your credit is that bad and you can't manage money I caution you to avoid becoming an o/o it rarely ends well. Your most important and vital skill is money management.

CJndaTruck Thanks this.
  9. jfrazie7

jfrazie7 Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2016
    No my personal credit is bad as in my credit line is only $2,000. I'm only 22years old lol. I have no debt so i have limited credit history. However, my business credit line is just above $20,000. I'm a member of NASTC so i get diseal for the low low. I been an o/o for 6months now with quality truck never missing a payment and never grossing less than $4,000. I was with interstate distributor on the loadboard but i got kicked off due to having a late load. The deductions there was only $10 for the quadcomm and that was all. Roadrunner deductions are over $1000. See the gap???

10. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Interstate must have a pretty fair deal then. What percentage did they take and was the fuel discount any good? I know they have good equipment.

11. jfrazie7

jfrazie7 Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2016
    68% of load. fuel discount was only .10/off a gallon but i used nastc card and got .30-60cents off a gallon

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.