What is this light and why is it on!!!!

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by GA-TRUCKER, May 11, 2016.

1. The Gryphon

The Gryphon Heavy Load Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Doesn't sound like it's going to go away on its own.

Sounds like a bad sensor.

I think Freightliners have a battery disconnect switch. Maybe try throwing that switch the next time you park it and let it sit for a few minutes with no power going to the computer or sensors.

If something like that doesn't work, it's time for a trip to Freightliner for troubleshooting and repair.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dev

Dev Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Add oil mines did it today i added oil it went off

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That's the automatic hillstart assist. I never had that in my Century 2001. And it should already have a freaking clutch for that purpose. What are you going to do without a clutch under there hmm? Autos are nice but hillstart assist? I think the engineers got into the rum again. Thinking we drivers are stupid or something.

5. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    The automated DT transmission has a clutch but no pedal, operation of the clutch is automated in concert with the transmission .

The Eaton Ultra I suffered was the same way but worse. Even my friend with an I-shift has qualms, he really hates the eco coast feature.

That was the worst of the Eaton, too, imo.

6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I'll be ######. Might as well have a 18 wheeler with NO driver to run itself.

7. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    That's already here too.. one was just tested on the Ohio Turnpike. It hauled a load of beer. If I had time I'd find the article, but I'm sure if you search for it, you'd find it

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im aware of it, I made the statement just to sound off. Im against such at thing. The Engineers can never overcome many of the little things that will halt such a monstrosity. I don't think the truckstops are willing to staff 40 fuel pumps with 40 fuelers to service these things on payroll per hour to start off...

rbrtwbstr Thanks this.
  9. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    that truck had a diver sited in who took control of truck after exiting freeway.

10. Babuji

Babuji Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Regarding the original question.. GA - i have the same problem as yours, but it happens more in the summer as temp are higher,, same here i have to shut off for 20 mins and restart,, technicians have told me that this is a bad ABS sensor and that it gets hot under the hood and cools off when you shut off. As those sensors are linked to automatic tranny that's why the HSA light with check engine comeson.. Fix is very expensive for abs sensor as you can imagine, so for now i just have to pull over with the hood open and cool off b4 driving.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You have actually given me some ideas with that post.

THANK YOU. I don't know you from adam and might not see or hear from you again, but your post broke a few things loose that Ive been working on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.