What Western Express orientation is like...its not good.

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Happyfeet, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    I didn't know W.E. owned greyhound bus lines............?

:glasses4::glasses5::glasses6::glasses7::cya::glasses9::geek::director::dontknow::downtown:

XCELERATIONRULES and 77smartin Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ex-Con-Trucker

Ex-Con-Trucker Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Atlanta, Ga
    I don't miss my days learning how to drive, working for Western. The company that hired me after I got my two years experience at Western picked us up for orientation in a limo. No kidding, a limo. They gave me 450, or reimbursed me the money it cost to rent a car (for orientation) and return it where I live. These threads made me realize I need to quit #####ing about the small stuff that annoys me about my current company.

Western was so cheap that they wouldn't rent the room for the whole duration of orientation. One night at a time. If you break down, you're checking out of the hotel at 11 until the shop closes in case they finish your truck that day. The shop might not be getting the part for two day and they'd still wouldn't book the room until 8pm. Never ending BS. I hear the hotel Western uses now is practically a crack hotel with no wifi. Hopefully for the new guys they changed hotels.

4. Ex-Con-Trucker

Ex-Con-Trucker Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Atlanta, Ga
    With the turnover they have, they would probably save money opening a bus company to haul new/old employees to and from Western,

5. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    "Yawn!!!" I took a bus from Allentown PA to Tucson AZ. Just my bedroll and a suitcase. No computer, no camera, no cell phone. Nothing new here. I'll check back in when he relates his story about his trainer crapping his pants.:hiding:

XCELERATIONRULES and Puppage Thank this.
  6. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    You just told off one of the few people on TTR, @Chinatown, that could have rattled off a great list of companies that might have hired felons/criminal backgrounds. He's such a nice guy he might give you the list anyway,

It's terrible to see you continuing to repeat the same mistakes that probably landed you with a criminal background. Take care @Happyfeet

7. ghostdog

ghostdog Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2015
    GUlf Shores,AL
    i agree fully...with the part that you were already racist that is.
    You and your expectations and severely flawed perspective are way more of a problem than anything else you've shared with us. you weren't robbed, beaten or raped, the only thing you dealt with was discomfort and your own fears. I rode the "dog" from new mexico to Mobile,AL at 19 with the same people you did pretty much, and i was a scrawny white kid from the suburbs. The gang members getting out of jail are nice when you don't look at the like you expect them to rob you. Everyone is just as uncomfortable in those seats as you are. You don't have to give the homeless money you don't have, and you have to be smarter than the ones trying to grift you for "another 5" because they see you as a mark. And most of them are in worse shape than you are and just want to eat, at least you are headed towards employment. So don't be afraid to be nice, give a guy a dollar or two, and suck it up. It sounds like you could use the karma.

Btw, I read online for 30 minutes my first day researching and i knew to avoid Western. You, my friend, have personal issues you need to resolve, but to end this on a positive, i think trucking may be right for you on one basis above all others. you need to be alone in a truck without much outside interaction. But then again, can you handle getting out at the truck stops?

8. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
  9. Happyfeet

Happyfeet Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Sioux Falls SD
    On the website for Western Express they say that during orientation we are payed and all our meals are covered. This is a lie.
    The "meals" consist of garbage at the hotel as well as some of the worst excuses for food I have ever seen.By the way this stuff is supposed to be enough for 10 people. IMG_4375.jpg IMG_4373.jpg IMG_4375.jpg
    This is an insult, but to add insult to injury, we are not allowed to leave the terminal for lunch to get decent food. Instead, there is a roach coach with extremely overpriced food. for a "pork sandwich" I was charged $6. By the way, all they serve you for lunch is a sandwich like this, and the same for dinner if you are unlucky enough to be on orientation, otherwise you get a bunch of plate of canned food and a bottle of water from the roach coach if your instructor gives you a voucher.

IMG_4364.jpg

By the way Western, if you are reading this I am not trying to get fired. What I want is for you to treat your employees like decent human beings and try to make us feel like we are part of your team, as of right now a lot of us feel like zoo animals. I would love to talk with some of you about how these problems can be fixed because they can be, and it wouldn't cost much besides some pride and a bit of effort.

In fact a few of our instructors were downright embarrassed about what was going on. It's embarrassing what we have here.

10. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    That sandwich looks delicious.

11. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    If, by delicious, you mean unholy and disgusting??? I completely agree.

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.