What's pay checks looking like?

Discussion in 'Melton' started by SmokeyDiesel, Aug 26, 2015.

1. SmokeyDiesel

SmokeyDiesel Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2014
    How common are weeks were your profiting +1000. I'm trying to figure out if Melton is where I want to go. I'm located in San Antonio.

I'm ready to rock and roll. But I need a company that gets me miles, and gets me home every 2 weeks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pirate_Freder

Pirate_Freder Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2015
    I was going to go with Melton until I found System Transport(the other blue T660s lol). I take home over 1000/wk after taxes. We do have a Texas regional fleet as well as OTR and the pole fleet(which is also OTR); I'm on the Colorado regional but also do OTR. As far as home time goed, us regional tend to get home most weeks for a 34hr or the weekend. They are a smaller company, around 1000 trucks, and still know how to treat people like human beings. Lots of comradery too.

Call Brenna Tanner and tell her Frederick Gilbert sent you. She was my recruiter and is absolutely awesome, an honest recruiter for once lol. (509) 625-3960 If you've got any questions let me know.

4. SmokeyDiesel

SmokeyDiesel Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2014
    I have 8 months of experince, but none as flat bed. Will I need to go out with a trainer?

5. Pirate_Freder

Apr 18, 2015
    They will send you out with a trainer for a week or two. I came on with 7 months(some flatbed) and was on the trainers truck for a week, skipped testing, and went straight into a truck once they realized I knew what I was doing lol. Training is $100/day so its not bad.

Sneakerfix Thanks this.
  6. Sneakerfix

Sneakerfix Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Pasadena,ca
    I wonder how many system guys are on here now.

7. Justaname83

Justaname83 Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Yeah the funniest part is systems buys our old 660s that Melton has gotten rid of because they are to old for the fleet so either way you'll still be driving a Melton truck

8. Sneakerfix

Sneakerfix Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Pasadena,ca
    I haven't seen a Melton 660 on are fleet. The Melton 660's I've seen all have a different shade of blue then the ones on our fleet and plus if that's the case why would we just get a bunch of brand new petes and KW's
    I think you have the wrong company since there is a company called systems that run flatbed also

9. Justaname83

Justaname83 Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2012
    That may be if so I apologize for my error

10. Pirate_Freder

Apr 18, 2015
    Good question, other than you I think I've only seen one or two.

Yeah that's definitely not us. Generally speaking our fleet is no older than 3-4 years or around 350k miles. Although we do have some older daycabs and boom trucks. We are constantly receiving brand new trucks. Mine is a 2013 with 216k at the moment.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.