What's the best thing so far you have recieved from a shipper or receiver?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by bluebonn, Jun 23, 2011.

1. bluebonn

bluebonn Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Texas
    Well I have finally got something for free!!! 100's of snack cups of pudding. Both chocolate and Butterscotch.

Guy loading me brought me out some. Nice guy but now I have way too much pudding. What have you received so far for free or damaged goods?

Any TV's stuff like that?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Best thing I recieved from a shipper/reciever? A prompt loading/unloading!:biggrin_25522:

Eckoh, Injun, fr8monkey and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. I_HATE_MINIVANS

I_HATE_MINIVANS Heavy Load Member

42,000 lbs of seedless grapes

5. Toro

Toro Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Some where under the Sun
    shoot if i had me 42,000 lbs of seedless grapes, I get myself some hot looking women, get them in a smashing tank, bust up some grapes, and in time have myself some wine, but till then i'll be having me a good ole time :yes2557:

:blackknight: :blackknight:

bluebonn and The Challenger Thank this.
  6. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Most of my stuff has been food stuff that had some damages when I hauled reefer trailers. 2pallets of stove top stuffing, a box or two were dented, pallet of fancy white grape welchs, a couple wine style bottles, many cases of ravioli where some cans were dented, but not all. I use to haul frozen egg rolls and pizza stuff from Houston to northeast, they would always hand me the seal and let me know I had a large goodie box on the tail end.

I haven't been offered anything in a swift truck worth a #### yet.

7. I_HATE_MINIVANS

I_HATE_MINIVANS Heavy Load Member

Every time I have anything rejected that's good and edible, it seems I'm 1000 miles from home and I have to get rid of it because my next load is a dry load, or bananas or something that has to be kept at 59 degrees. Although one time I had a multi-stopper and C&S Wholesale in Wood-something NJ rejected some pig's feet, ham steaks and pork tenderloins. The receiver said something about that they were rejected but weren't marked on the bills, said the guard would understand... I get out to the exit and the guard already knew about it, I guess they didn't mark the overage or damages on the BOL for some reason and I was supposed to split that stuff with the guard. Well the guard was an old, scraggly-looking black man, and his eyes lit up when he saw that one of the cases was pig's feet. I said "SURE! BY ALL MEANS!!" So I kept the ham steaks and tenderloins. Of course, being 1000 miles from home, I couldn't keep it anyway but my last stop was 5 miles from my sister's house. So she & her husband got a freezer full of goodies that day.

BigShrek72 Thanks this.
  8. Freebird135

Freebird135 Road Train Member

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning
    i got a $40 tip when i did a residential delivery and helped the guy carry 3 couches to upstairs

9. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Seems to be SOP in NJ ... when I was running reefers, everytime we went into NJ somebody would come out and say some boxes were damaged and here's yours.

10. neal79

neal79 Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Chicago,IL
    Must get damaged when they "fall off the truck". Best thing I got so far was 4 1lb bags of Dorito type chips. They were some regional brand I never heard of but I still have 1 bag left and they are good. Plus they were made the day I got them can't go wrong with that. I earned those though had to back off a cul'dsac into driveway, blindside around corner, then to the dock all while dodging the employees parked cars

11. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    An organic citrus farmer near Porterville, CA, has a requirement that every time you load there you have to take as many cases as you want for personal consumption... grapefruit, oranges, lemons, limes, tangerines, pomelos, etc. They made me take five cases last time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.