What's your turn around time usually?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by orcen, May 2, 2016.

1. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    How long on average do you guys wait for your back haul or next load?

Do you get paid if you sit a certain amount of time (not while loading or unloading, just waiting for next dispatch)

If you are sitting for days, I assume you're rigged up with an APU, inverter, fridge/mic..

Curious to know how bad I'm getting ####ed here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Yves kanevil

Yves kanevil Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Nighthawk
    The longest wait I have had was maybe two hours. 3 tops. How about you

4. Dominick253

Dominick253 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2015
    I usually wait about 15-30 minutes for the next load. I get paid hourly so it's all the same to me.

5. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    I don't wait usually ever. If I do the company pays for a hotel if its going to be overnight and all hourly up to 8 hours a day lol

6. terryg247

terryg247 Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Longest was three days, leaving northeast to get back to Ontario. Flat rate of pay for waiting which was not much

7. Macneil

Macneil Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    Usually I know if Im getting a back haul before I unload the current load but if I do wait, its usually not too long.

Paid hourly so I don't mind waiting.

Waiting for permits on the other hand...well that can take a day or three sometimes. Leave the truck running for power when required!

8. Tai

Tai Medium Load Member

Longest wait was 3 days in laredo. (Arrived on a late friday, got a reload first thing monday. Also got paid a bit for it.)
    Normally I'll have something the same day if not already having my reload before I arrive.
    My wait time normally come from dealing with border crossings.

9. Oso

Oso Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Back when I was doing regional work, my longest wait was about one day. I did have a number of trips where after delivering my load I'd have to shut down early (typically 3-4 hours early) and get my backhaul the next day. The most pay I ever got was about $75-100 for that one day of layover. The rest of the time I got bumpkiss.

Funny - now that I'm local and paid by the hour, no one wants me to sit and wait for a load. Go figure.

10. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    @nate980 im at Calgary airport, ditched the truck at the petro pass and I'm flying home

LET THIS BE A LESSON TO ALL YOU SCUMBAG BOTTOM FEEDING SCUMMY PIECES OF #### IN THE VANCOUVER AREA

Waited in Montreal 3 days for a garbage freight load from transx MTL to WPG, 12 hours to load, 8 to unload, then he wanted me to wait in Winnipeg for another load, I waited 24 hours then started heading home EMPTY. He cut off the fuel card by the time I got to Calgary.

I drive trucks because I love them, not for the money, I'm completely fine not working another day of my life and being quite comfy. I'm not saying this to brag or sound like a conceited #######, but I hope any scumbag reading this who treats his employees like garbage will reevaluate the way they do business.

He's lucky I didn't leave it running, in Montreal.

tinytim Thanks this.
  11. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    Lmao, yea I would have done the same thing. We're you working for transx or a contractor for them?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.