Where are you leasing

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by amtrack, Nov 17, 2015.

1. amtrack

amtrack Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Where are you leasing and hows it going? What kind of truck r u in? Whats your average miles ? Whats your runs? How you feeling so far? (This isnt a thread for ole wise truckers to point out how bad leasing is or how we wont get any posts on this please go elsewhere aint nobody got time for that )

Jazzy J Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    I'm old and wise, but I don't knock people for trying to better themselves.

4. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have a friend leased on to RWI-they are in your neck of the woods.

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I just turned one in about 2 months ago. '13 Cascadia with an APU, ungoverned, had about 240K on it when I got it ( Old Prime truck ). Doing a super regional out of Phoenix. Full outlaw trucking, doing 3200 paid miles a week, which was actually closer to 3800, that's how many they steal. After truck payment, fuel, plates, insurance, IFTA about $1,600 week. That's before maintenance, personal insurance, scales, meals, and taxes . This was full outlaw trucking, throw the rule book away. I spent an hour or better a day keeping 3 log books current.

Lost about 10K on the truck, but ended up with about 10K more than I started with.

All the runs out of Phoenix are multi stop, 3 to 5 and spread as much as 200 miles, so even if you sleep in the dock of your first drop, you've had maybe 6 or 7 off, first drop is at 1 or 2 AM, by the time your unloaded and empty its 8 or 9 AM, then you reload, and head back. It's way, way too much risk. And your not really making that much, it's all mountains and goat trails. And 90% is 40K plus in weight. I thought even if I hang in just to get the truck, it's gonna be way used up with those kind of runs by the time its paid for.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    kerts and amtrack Thank this.
  6. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    How many new gray hairs during that time?

7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    The dude was getting me for 100 free miles each way to Denver. And I have deduced that 95% of the people driving around in Denver are smoking weed. Even going to Salt Lake, I use to see sooooo many crashes, and the marks where dudes would crash through the median, all it takes is one when your driving when your not supposed to and its your ###. Plus I would be worn out and have to juggle the log books, just not worth it. I mean if something happens some lawyer is just gonna pull your electronic data, and your done.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.