which one is a beter company Western Express or werner?

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by dweedle, Oct 23, 2011.

1. bhunt31

bhunt31 Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2012
    No i ran out of Nashville and i sent in more macros than i needed to. I ran hard for the first 4 days til i got low on hrs and then they loafed me around instead of getting a 34hr restart. 6 people in all turned their truck in the day i left. That says a lot to me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dweedle

dweedle Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Lehigh Valley,Pa
    Like I said you did not run out of Nazareth... as far as resets up here they want you to take them on weekends if you have to... and have you you heard of recaps.........

4. bhunt31

bhunt31 Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Wow you sound like my dm at western now. That is before i shut him up by asking him what he would've done differently. I know how to run a logbook...very well if i do say so myself. I'll tell you like i told him. 10 hour breaks don't do anything for your 70. Nor does it matter whether you do your 2 hrs off duty or in the sleeper on a split sleeper break but the 14 clock doesn't restart until the end of the 8 in the sleeper. He was a work a progress. But for a company that lets guys 2 days out of a training be a trainer that's to be expected.

5. dweedle

Oct 14, 2011
    Lehigh Valley,Pa
    they must have been rehires....As far as I know is 6 mths accident free.... I personally believe you should have at least 2 years..... When I was running full time I ran recaps all of the time... So if you were otr which you were you knew you would not get home but every 3 to 4 weeks.... but to each his own good luck just remember the grass is not greener else where either.. And I do teach the logs up here so I think I would be able to teach you a thing or 2 on logs, and could probably do the same for me..... be safe.......

6. red S-10

red S-10 Medium Load Member

Mar 12, 2010
    cullman,al
    ok and then why does western website said you have to be out a minium 2 weeks before home time, and your sayin 3 to 4 weeks? or does it depend on your dm and where you live? thanks in advance

7. dweedle

Oct 14, 2011
    Lehigh Valley,Pa
    minimum is 2 weeks... average for otr is 3 to 4....... If you are driving otr (over the road) if you stay out 3 to 4 weeks at a time you earn 1 day for every 7...... if you go home every 2 weeks that ====34 hr reset plus one... so if you get home Friday back out Sunday night Monday morning.... that's how you make money in this business... and it does depend on where you live...... if you live 100 miles away from freight lanes it is difficult to get home... like running the north east... depending on where you live up here you they can get you home weekly for your 34 and back out..... some choose to stay out more then others.... this is trucking stuff happens..... if you have obligations at home and need to get home discuss that with your dm... just remember no guarantees in trucking...........

8. red S-10

Mar 12, 2010
    cullman,al
    thanks dweedle, im leaving out next month flatbed side dont know what day yet, just tryin to save up some money and give my current job a 2 week notice. i live 50 miles north of birmingham al. is this a good lane for for flatbed? oh yea forgot i live just off of I65 too, hope this helps me

9. dweedle

Oct 14, 2011
    Lehigh Valley,Pa
    it should be.. flats do run the lower 48...... living right off 65 is a reel good lane.

red S-10 Thanks this.
  10. red S-10

Mar 12, 2010
    cullman,al
    Thanks man maybe when i get up to the pa terminal ill ask for dweedle. be safe

11. ThatFlatbedGuy2013

ThatFlatbedGuy2013 Medium Load Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Somewhere in the US of A
    ha. I am working on two months on not seeing home, and Western has average dispatchers.

Sent from your local FBI Surveillance Van

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.