Who going to Springfield on June 1

Discussion in 'Prime' started by LivingDatRoadLife, May 20, 2015.

1. LivingDatRoadLife

LivingDatRoadLife Light Load Member

May 20, 2015
    Out of site out of mind
    my first week I had 5 days of 10 hours driving behind the wheel I ran 2800 miles so I don't know what you talking ain't nothing to this driving ####

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    I guess you missed the point.

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  4. Chucktshoes

Chucktshoes Medium Load Member

May 23, 2014
    Memphis, TN
  5. Broshears

Broshears Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Pleasant Hill, Mo
    During psd phase that's what you are supposed to do. The instructors job is to make sure you get practice behind the wheel and to make sure you can safely drive a tractor Trailer combination in many different situations he's doing his job. While you are complaining that your instructor is making you drive all these miles there are other students out there that wish they could.

Be thankful to your instructor that he is letting you get this experience Instead of limiting you to only driving a couple hours a day. I hope you don't have this same attitude to your instructor as if you do and it was me i would kick you off my truck.

6. LivingDatRoadLife

May 20, 2015
    Out of site out of mind
    well it's a lot I'm leaving out like him playing video games for consecutive HOURS & glance at the road every once in awhile...that's not how an instructor suppose to be while a student in the truck it's like I'm learning majority on my own...so don't get to making assumptions on the info I'm saying it's still more to the story

7. Broshears

Broshears Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Pleasant Hill, Mo
    We can only go base off the information you said in the first place. If he is indeed playing video games and not paying attention while you are driving I would highly recommend getting a new trainer if I were you.

8. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Is he playing video games in the back in the sleeper area or while in the passenger seat? If it's while he is in the sleeper area, get a video or pictures of it while yo uare driving and call safety. He'll be bounced faster then you shift to 10th gear from a dead stop.

If he is doing it while sitting in the passenger seat, he's paying attention to you and what's going on. Most of us instructors can only do so much of nothing in that passenger seat. Sitting there all day just watching the road and you drive get mind numbingly boring! I'll be sitting in the passenger seat on my tablet working on stuff while still paying attention to what's going on. Many times it doesn't look like I am paying attention but I'll reach over and put the tractor in the right gear when my student is having issues. All without taking my eyes off what I am doing on my tablet.

Chucktshoes and FullMetalJacket Thank this.
  9. LivingDatRoadLife

May 20, 2015
    Out of site out of mind
    Not on a tablet or phone more like a laptop with a controller hook up to it

10. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Dude, asnwer the question. Is he playing the games in the sleeper area or in the passenger seat? It doesn't matter what he's playing it on, ti's where he is playing it. I am starting to get the impression you are just making stories up to get a rise and response out of people on the forum since you won't answer the questions you've been asked by others.

11. LivingDatRoadLife

May 20, 2015
    Out of site out of mind
    Majority in the passenger seat but he was played in the sleeper berth too

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.