Why Were You Late?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by mindes, May 11, 2016.

1. mindes

mindes Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Crestview, Fl
    Because the flux capacitor had not been installed yet and the governor is still set at 60.

Got assignment at 900 for live unload at 900, same day.

CS wants to know why? Ask the planners.

Next load is live unload 1515-1900 in Darlington. Get there before 1900, won't unload. Appointment was 1515.

Thanks CS!

48Packard, 91B20H8, XZRF4 and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    If it is 0900, and you get an appointment for 0900....why would you accept it without calling? I am confused.

4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Because calling in doesn't work. I'll send in my safe/legal eta and a freeform to my dbl, but once the load hits your truck, you're doing it. If I'm held up do to cs or impossible dispatches I do message my dbl to see if I can get discretionary pay.

mindes Thanks this.
  5. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    I have had plenty of loads pulled off me due to impossible dispatch. I just called my dbl, told them when I could safety deliver, then they would call CS and it would either get pulled or they would tell me to roll with it and get there by my eta.

6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    My point was more along the lines of "don't sweat it". As long as the driver is updating etas timely and sending a message in they're fine.

If cs asks they're generally not.looking to get the driver in trouble, more searching for understanding. Or a clue. Or a map and instructions on how to.Find their rear end.

mickimause, Friday, XZRF4 and 4 others Thank this.
  7. mindes

mindes Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Crestview, Fl
    I got layover for the load that delivered in Darlington.

Anytime I called about a load that I can't make in appointment time, it's get there when you can and update your ETA, you are the only driver in the area, there are no other loads in the area. So now it's just run the loads and keep ETA and Nat updated accordingly.

8. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Boy, sounds like you guys have all the fun.
    What are these "appointment times"you speak of? lol

str8t10 and bigmotor1212 Thank this.
  9. tnscavenger

tnscavenger Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Maynardville, TN
    Exactly, I use to get all worried that I was going to be in hot water if I missed an appointment. Over time I began to realize that as long as I was updating workflow & send a short message to the office with new ETA and why, I was in the clear. Now the consignee on the other hand, is another story. I try to call them direct but that is hit or miss if anyone will answer the number listed on the assignment.

mindes Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.