Willis Shaw Express Review

Discussion in 'Willis' started by AlohaWolfana, Sep 1, 2007.

1. kameraman

kameraman Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Gadsden,AL
    What's the sister company ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gwhitson

gwhitson Light Load Member

May 30, 2008
    Ada, OK
    Oh yeah a few other questions for wc, how are miles paid? Actual? (I doubt it) or shortest route?, etc...How many of your "typical" loads are LTL, that you have to have lumpers for, and do you get a full load and make a bunch of stops? Or do you get one load, take to a warehouse and deliver, grab another load and take to some other place? Just wondering I think I'm gonna go ahead and try to head up to Boise for traing in a few weeks. Thanks

4. gwhitson

May 30, 2008
    Ada, OK
    Well I did it, I went ahead and turned in my notice at work and I'm leaving for WSE CDL on 4JUL08 for the 7JUL08 class in Boise, ID. I'm really excited to work for this company. Anymore advice or information about reefers would be greatly appreciated. Also, anyone else that may be in that same class that uses this forum, let me know and we'll meet up in Boise!!

:biggrin_255:

5. wc5b

wc5b Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Flint, MI
    Pay- Somewhere in the middle. Its RM miles I think. Basicly mapped out practical miles. Dont confuse this with the term "Practical miles" which is what you mean by actual. (Which the whole industry SHOULD pay, but still a bit rare to find.)

Loads- Almost all full truck loads. Once in a while you will have two drops in the same area. Very rare to have three.

Lumpers- Are common on WSE loads, but they pay all lumpers. They will basicly give you blank checks and then send you the info to write in at the reciever location.

You- Good luck my friend. Just keep an open mind, and I think you will enjoy it there.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  6. gwhitson

May 30, 2008
    Ada, OK
    Yeah I talked to the recruiter again today, and she said they use the Househould Movers Guide to pay, basically post office to post office. Which is fine. I'm just going with a positive attitude, an open mind, I hope to take in as much technical knowledge and practical advice as I can. I know that there's an "official" way to do things, and a "real" way of doing things. As long as I'm not cheating logs or anything I think I'll put to good use the "real" way....lol. :biggrin_25525:

7. InMyDreams

InMyDreams Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Kingston, Wa
    how is hhg okay? anyway i'm also applying at WSE and i'm curious what their starting cpm is. anybody know?

8. wc5b

wc5b Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Flint, MI
    Its prob around 27 or 28 cpm. But you have to figure in miles, bennies, and bonus when comparing. Esp with swift.

9. InMyDreams

InMyDreams Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Kingston, Wa
    Well those sound like starting wages to me!:biggrin_25525:

what do you mean? I take it WSE doesn't have nearly the raise/bonus program that swift does ... is that what you're saying?

10. wc5b

wc5b Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Flint, MI
    No, I am just saying that you cant just look at cpm. Thats not everything that makes your final monthly earned wage at all companies. You may make more money overall at a company with lower cpm then higher. They have a progressive time on job raise increases, and regular increases that seemed annual. In the first year I think you get raises at 3 month 6 month and 12 months, then each year up to a point. Nothing to extra ordinary.

InMyDreams Thanks this.
  11. thirteen

thirteen Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Texas
    Are they like most other Comcar companies as far as having an autoshift fleet?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.