With all the hype about mandatory E-Logs how many of you drivers will leave the industry?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Florida Playboy, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Eeyore05

Eeyore05 Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2015
    'Sconni
    2 of the largest refrigerated carriers are already on elogs... that are still doing just fine.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Mega carriers costs per is truck cut by their volume purchases. They don't care if they pick up 3 days late or deliver 1 week late. Imo being a small carrier or independent and providing quality service is being regulated out of existence.

4. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    It is going to demand target focus on who you haul for. Narrow your focus and only haul for those that understand the dynamics. This is why I started narrowing the territory I cover and the customers I haul for starting a the turn of this century. And they are good customers that if I am delayed at their location, they compensate me for it. I made $1500 in November alone just from delays at a couple of customers. And they didn't pitch a fit, try to screw me out of it, etc. And I still haul for them. Granted, most of them are bulk style plant operations as opposed to grocery and big box store stuff, so they are more reasonable to deal with. But it makes it so E-logs are not a hindrance to getting things done and doing it profitably. Go ahead and let the mega carriers play in the sandbox they want to play in. Go get your own sandbox to play in. Don't like your world, then change it! If necessary, find a carrier that has already developed a core customer base similar to what I mentioned and partner up with them and take advantage of it.

SoDel Thanks this.
  5. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    In today's world a good paying, understanding, reasonable customer is rare. All most people think about is themselves and money, money, money.

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    The same can be read into which post?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.