Worst Tank Wash?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by 6daysontheroad, May 21, 2015.

1. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    I've been there a few times to pick up trailers. I think we use them for the real hard to clean chemicals. Never dealt with the staff though. It does get crowded.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Well, Conely, GA here goes nothing. 7 hour wait on my tank and one hose. Tanks clean hose never got done. I questioned it, I get attitude in return. Ok, let's play hardball. Go in, tell black rambo to get my paper work. Read it....exactly. Then they was my hose with just water....lol still has product in it. Then my wash slip has a different company, different last contained....to be continued in the morning.

4. 6daysontheroad

6daysontheroad Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2012
    North of the Rio Grande
    Picked up a tank there and verified the seals, got to the shipper and 2 of the numbers for the trailer on the wash ticket had been transposed. I suppose my bad for not thouroughly checking paperwork. Only cost me 2 hours to get it straightened out.

5. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Qualawash in South Gate. I think they forgot that trucks would be coming in there.

6daysontheroad Thanks this.
  6. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    HTI in Oakland does a really good job on cleaning. We have to take all Hazmat there. Tough to get into too but the staff is friendly and man they clean your hoses and pump so well you could drink out of them.

Phantom Trucker Thanks this.
  7. 6daysontheroad

Dec 15, 2012
    North of the Rio Grande
    I guess I need to eat some crow. I previously posted that Quala = bad. Recently got to Quala in savannah and was pleasantly surprised. State of the art with huge drivers lounge, shower and laundry. Free popcorn and hot dogs.

8. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    You stay overnight there? That's a scary neighborhood. Been there once and was glad I loaded the next day and could get the hell out.

9. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    It's not the best neighborhood I agree but I've slept there a few times.

wsyrob Thanks this.
  10. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    The tank wash in west Memphis isn't to bad. They had pop corn and hot dogs.

11. 6daysontheroad

Dec 15, 2012
    North of the Rio Grande
    I have noticed whenever I pull into tank wash with 3065 placards on, I never have to wait and never any heel charge for some reason.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.