wow if only more receivers handled problems this way .

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by bzinger, Jan 11, 2016.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    i got to century export co. in laredo today and at the check in window the very nice polite lady informed me the warehouse is full due to waiting on trucks coming from mexico to haul outbound .
    she was very appolagetic as she told me im 19th in line to unload and to go to the truckstop and they will get to me asap .
    most recievers as most of us know would have not told the truth and left me sitting out on the street till hell froze over .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    This is one cust that appreciates the drivers and I bet come driver appreciation day they have a free bbq for all the drivers.

4. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    she was probably tired of dealing with people like me, who come to the window every 20 min and ask why they are not being unloaded

5. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    i wouldnt bet on that patty lol

6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    If that was the case I think her patience would have wore thin and not been so nice.probably would have said I'll call you when they're done quit coming to the window they re not going to get unloaded any faster,lol.

7. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Actually it is pretty common practice in Laredo and other int'l x-dock locations....in one respect just due to space constraints---there is no where to park more n a couple trucks...and also since it really isn't first come etc....due to the fact most of the x-docks have no idea when YOUR load is going to come across....and they cannot load/unload anything until it gets there....

8. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    ouch 19th in line that could make for a long wait- now when they get to you latter this evening if they have tacos and cold beer then they get promoted to good receiver

9. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Had a load like that in Laredo where they didn't know when it was going to cross. It was nearly 7pm and they were going to shut down. The shipper offered to let me drop the trailer in a dock so I could bobtail to the truckstop and have an easier time parking.

10. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    i went back in the morning and they unloa.ded it

11. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Our favorite mustard company in Springfield did that for me ... didn't know when the product was going to be ready. Told me I could drop the trailer on the door and come back in the AM ...

thejackal Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.