Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 145
  1. #1
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States of America
    Trucker?
    WannaBe
    Posts
    159
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked: 13 Times

    Werner family dollar dedicated!

    Driver placement called me today and offered me a 1,000$ sign on bonus to join. If you do it what's the pay per mile, per trailer, per stop. What size trailers do they use?! After you unload do you take anything from the store with you?! Just over all how is it?!


  2. #2
    Medium Load Member GoneButNotForgotten's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Roxboro, N.C.
    Trucker?
    EX-2 Years
    Age
    59
    Posts
    433
    Thanks
    242
    Thanked: 324 Times
    Not being a smarty, but the fact that a company like Werner is offering a grand for sign on does not tip you off to the reality?

  3. #3
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States of America
    Trucker?
    WannaBe
    Posts
    159
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked: 13 Times
    That could just mean their short on drivers . When I was in training I trained on dollar general it wasn't that bad . The reason id didnt stay with it is because they have temp workers and load the trailer safe. And some of these drivers are allergic to hard work!

  4. #4
    Road Train Member DriverToBroker's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    2,555
    Thanks
    972
    Thanked: 1,637 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garlicbread56 View Post
    That could just mean their short on drivers . When I was in training I trained on dollar general it wasn't that bad . The reason id didnt stay with it is because they have temp workers and load the trailer safe. And some of these drivers are allergic to hard work!
    It's because it's a crap gig and no one wants to do it. US Xpress does these kind of deliveries too. A driver's job is to drive not unload thousands of boxes of freight. They couldn't pay me enough to do it. Well maybe if they paid me $5 grand a week but you get my point.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DriverToBroker For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Road Train Member
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Berea, KY
    Trucker?
    16 Years
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,439
    Thanks
    468
    Thanked: 671 Times
    Less per mile than OTR and unsafe to unload which you will do off duty to have hours to drive. Overall it is quite perferrable to a sharp stick in the eye

  7. #6
    Crusty Ole' Wifey WV_Daddys_Girl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Trucker?
    Trucker's Significant Other
    Posts
    563
    Thanks
    3,408
    Thanked: 1,985 Times
    Hubby's uncle who's been a driver for 40+ years (not for Werner) told hubby not too long ago about the FD account. From what he's heard, you get paid mileage, $15 per stop, $85 to unload the ENTIRE trailer - NOT per stop unload, and FD is baulking over the $85 trailer unload - they want to reduce it down to $50.

  8. #7
    Road Train Member DriverToBroker's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    2,555
    Thanks
    972
    Thanked: 1,637 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by WV_Daddys_Girl View Post
    Hubby's uncle who's been a driver for 40+ years (not for Werner) told hubby not too long ago about the FD account. From what he's heard, you get paid mileage, $15 per stop, $85 to unload the ENTIRE trailer - NOT per stop unload, and FD is baulking over the $85 trailer unload - they want to reduce it down to $50.
    Wow what a deal! Seriously Family Dollar needs to hire their own lumpers to take their junk off the trailers. Only a true bottom feeder like Werner would take on such an account. I could not imagine any self respecting driver doing this. Oh and that thousand bucks they're waving in front of your face I'm sure is paid out in four $250 increments every 3 months. That's if you even last that long.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DriverToBroker For This Useful Post:


  10. #8
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States of America
    Trucker?
    WannaBe
    Posts
    159
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked: 13 Times
    Believe it or not Werner has alot of good along with bad! And just to tell u that it would be broke down over 4 weeks not months! And I trained on dollar general so I know how accounts like that are! It's called hard work and sometimes you gotta do it to get anywhere in life!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Garlicbread56 For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Medium Load Member GoneButNotForgotten's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Roxboro, N.C.
    Trucker?
    EX-2 Years
    Age
    59
    Posts
    433
    Thanks
    242
    Thanked: 324 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garlicbread56 View Post
    Believe it or not Werner has alot of good along with bad! And just to tell u that it would be broke down over 4 weeks not months! And I trained on dollar general so I know how accounts like that are! It's called hard work and sometimes you gotta do it to get anywhere in life!
    Why didn't you ask them about pay when they made you this offer? Maybe in the back of your mind you might fear they will not tell you the whole truth, just the good stuff. Sounds like you have a pretty favorable outlook on working this account. Go for it and then come back here and tell us the good/bad. Met bet is there will be more bad.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoneButNotForgotten For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States of America
    Trucker?
    WannaBe
    Posts
    159
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked: 13 Times
    Have you done it before?! Can you actually give your opinion and it be useful...I looked up stuff about it but I wanted to come on here before I called driver placement! Just to see what everyone was thinking...

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast