You all still reading? Good. Because today only, the FMCSA is holding a free public listening session to solicit ideas, data, information, and issues that you think need to be addressed with regards to entry-level driver training. They’re giving you drivers the opportunity to tell them how the world really works and give suggestions on what you would recommend to help prepare new drivers for the realities of working in the industry.
The webcast program will run from 1pm to 5pm EST on Friday, March 22nd. Here’s a schedule for the webcast:
- 1:00 – 1:10 p.m. — Opening statement by Anne Ferro, FMCSA Administrator. purpose of listening session, introduction of FMCSA representatives.
- 1:10 – 1:15 p.m. — Introduction by Maura Fitzpatrick, Facilitator. Discussion of ground rules and administrative details.
- 1:15 – 3:00 p.m. — Pre-scheduled comments by attendees; comments by registrants (facilitator will seek audience participation); comments from webcast audience presented by facilitator.
- 3:00 – 3:15 p.m. — Break.
- 3:15 – 4:50 p.m. — Continuation of public comments.
- 4:50 – 5:00 p.m. — Closing remarks by Larry Minor, FMCSA Associate Administrator for Policy.
You’ll notice that there is a 1 hour and 45 minute time block for comments starting at 1:15pm that will include “pre-scheduled comments.” These will likely be some soft-ball questions from hand-picked commenters, so there’s only a guaranteed time from 3:15pm-4:50pm where public comments will have to be heard. The FMCSA has stated that if there aren’t enough public comments to share, this section will conclude early. Something tells me that that section will be running a little long.
To be able to make your voice heard, register now.
Next Story: ATA, OOIDA Join Forces To Fight HOS In Court