Alcohol test

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Bdog, Nov 3, 2018.

1. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I doubt I’d work for a company that told me what to do on my time off either.

Here’s the deal -

Alcohol is processed by an average male ( yes depends on body weight etc) at the rate of ONE standard drink per hour.

If you consumed a 12 pack of regular ABV beer from 3pm to 6pm, then at 4am the following morning you would be 0 BAC.

It’s not like meth and crack and weed where it runs off and hides in your body - your body simply processes it, and it’s gone.

Jeez Wonder if the company requires a list of any moves you watched in case they’re anything but G rated.

baha, Coover, snowwy and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    ^^^^ correct. Your body burns 1 drink an hour, however, there is a little residue, so, 3 drinks in 3 hrs you will still register a smidge. Drink up fri and sat, you're good to go Mon AM !

Coover Thanks this.
  4. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    If you have had a substantial amount it can be detected for up to 12 hours and if you have had a even more substantial amount the coroner will be the one testing your BAC.

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I deliberately avoided discussing detection times.

From what I was taught, the human, by weight, mass, health of Liver, metabolism levels convert Alcohol into a waste that is eliminated in a specific amount of time. Such as 8 hours per shot of moon shine. If you are a massive person you wont feel it. But 10 will drop you. While a little runt like me will be dead with 10 shots of that stuff (Lethality)

If you are a tiny person say 130 and under, that shot will hit you harder and faster than a big person. You are out under the table while Mr or Mrs Big stays awake to take care of you. A person who is a drinker has built tolerance and is capable of withstanding much greater amounts. Drugs are the same way. I take medicine that will reduce anyone trucking to a drooling sleeping mess in about 20 minutes to 40. And think it's just a mild dose of asprin or something. I burn it off in 2 or 3 hours exactly depending on half life of specific medicine with the exception of three specific breakthrough medicines in liquid form. There is usually enough MME to shut me down a day.

The other reason is that Alcohol is detected two ways, breath test and blood alcohol content. Police generally can seize your blood sample and test it within two hours of a accident you caused or some other problem that got you pulled over for drinking and driving for example.

To try and specifically AVOID a say 9 am monday morning Drug and drinking test by company today after drinking last night hoping you are clean? It's probably not going to happen. It is also a form of red flag asking that question repeated times.

In my time long ago we pull into a dance hall or bar or whatever that served anything. You added 4 hours a shot or can etc and called it a night in plenty of time to burn the stuff out of you a weekend so you get going sober. Today it is not safe to be trying to have a drink knowing you will be driving again in 8 or 10 hours. It's not the best practice and will get you into a ton of trouble should something HAPPEN.

6. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    Erase.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.