Cdl course

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Larocamaro, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Transport National
    Transport National
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hires new cdl school grads and trains for this type work.
    Youngstown & Cincinnati
    Weekly guarantee program – $1,200 weekly guaranteed pay with monthly commission opportunity OR straight percentage of the Load… your choice!
    [​IMG]

csmith1281 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. csmith1281

csmith1281 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    What worked for me was to break everything down into flashcards. I bought 3 x 5 index cards and wrote down everything from the manual. Every little detail. Then I simply went through my flashcards 3 to 5 times per day.

I passed on the first time, and I was relaxed and confident on the test, and it showed. It brought me a lot of goodwill when I nearly stalled going over train tracks on the driving portion! LOL!

Larocamaro Thanks this.
  4. csmith1281

csmith1281 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Larocamaro Thanks this.
  5. joshlilou

joshlilou Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Wisconsin
    :error:...his wizardry HELP driver’s indecision about where to start trucking or to found that better place to work, just a man helping. He even knows a workplace better than your current, just throw two piece of your information and you’ll see the change. Why look anywhere else? Results in 30 min or less or your money back, guarantee.

Larocamaro and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. Larocamaro

Larocamaro Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2019
    Thanks for the tips and pointers guys I'll repl
    Thanks josh you were in the exact same situation I'm in now it sounds like I'll post on this thread next sunday how I progressed for the week thanks again

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Larocamaro

Apr 2, 2019
    Thanks Chinatown I'm gonna call a few of these i appreciate it

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Larocamaro

Apr 2, 2019
    So weekend 4 went well learned to straight back and offset once still having trouble with pre trip once I get to trailer besides 5th wheel landing gear I forget everything I learned from trailer

9. joshlilou

joshlilou Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Wisconsin
    The videos and literature are the key, forget the memory as a tool for Pre Trip inspection, remember that you should inspect everything your eyes see, so just mention the part and the roadworthy condition it need to meet for the regulations, trailer should be easy since everything is repeated (crossmembers, and side walls) for about 53 ft. except the front section, tandems (same as you did on drive axle) and doors, lock handles, hinges, lights, and DOT bumper.

Larocamaro Thanks this.
  10. Larocamaro

Apr 2, 2019
    So we got on the road I actually think that came natural I stalled twice in 2 days but turning shifting checking mirrors downshifting I'm pretty good at struggling at offset backing they teach us to turn until we see the v in the landing gear then cut the other way but I'm just bombing it we still have to learn 90 and ally dock but overall feeling pretty confident now

Eowyn and joshlilou Thank this.
  11. joshlilou

joshlilou Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Wisconsin
    You should be sending some job applications already, that license is on your wallet, don’t see it yet???. Good luck

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.