Crete Carrier - A Year In Review - Fall 2013 Going Forward

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by The_Irishman, Nov 8, 2013.

1. steven7994

steven7994 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Mine has a button on the dash to turn the lane departure off. It only last 15 minutes at a time.

Jarhed1964 and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I saw that switch on mine, but wasn't sure what it meant. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so #### loud, and goes off at random entrance ramps and when a passing lane is merging into my lane. That and the new OnGuard goes off as the car in front of me is pulling away instead as I approach it.

Jarhed1964 and Bud A. Thank this.
  4. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Next time you get into a shop, ask them to verify you have the most recent version of OnGuard software. Even if your truck is a 2021, the onguard device software might not be up to date.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  5. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Another note. See if you can find where the speaker is. If it is not an active cooling vent as well as a speaker grill, some electrical tape might do wonders to cut the noise.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    It's now all integrated into the stereo speakers...and the radio gets muted when it goes off. If I am lucky it'll be like on the Mack Anthems that Moore Freight bought. They had 2 separate wires connected to the front speakers. One was for the radio, one was for the safety crap sound effects, you just had to find out which was which.

Jarhed1964, Farmerbob1 and Bud A. Thank this.
  7. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    My Bendix system used two dedicated speakers for the lane departure. Simply unhooking them would render the system inoperative due to a fault. You don’t want this. Simply install a jumper wire in the connector that plugs into the speaker. System will work as normal except with no sound whatsoever.

8. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    Yeah,definitely in the market for a different company,without all the bells and whistles.

Jarhed1964 and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  9. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    My 2017 Cascadia with 10-speed will be retired within a year, I'm sure. I dread getting one of the new trucks. The automatics suck -- I had a loaner earlier this year and it made me cuss every single day, especially going up hills, but really all the time. The computer does not know better than I do when to shift. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, computer nerds.

For the OnGuard volume, mine has a Menu on the top left. Hit that, scroll down to Alarm Volume, hit Menu again to set the value. The lowest mine will go is 1, but it's better than nothing, especially since I'm a little hard of hearing.

I didn't realize they've added the lane departure crap to them. I don't have that on my truck. From past experience with another company, I already know that I really hate the lane departure buzzer.

Farmerbob1 and O.Henry Thank this.
  10. Onadetour

Onadetour Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Bay and Creek
    As annoying as the lane departure is, not being able to hold a steady speed because it is trying to “coast” constantly is way more aggravating. The 64.9 +4 cruise will let it drop to 57-58 while trying to coast. Previously you could just hold down the throttle to maintain speed but now it automatically drops down to 62, real helpful when you’re trying to pass. Oh that and the dome light randomly cycling on and off as you drive at night, some kind of a computer issue apparently.

Jarhed1964, Bud A., Farmerbob1 and 2 others Thank this.
  11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Lane departure crap is annoying, but adaptive cruise control is flat out terrible.

I can't think of a better way to completely dumb down this job and make it easier for people to drive with a phone in front of their faces.

Jarhed1964, Bud A., Farmerbob1 and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.