DEF performance claims

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Eleanor Weiss, Jan 5, 2022.

1. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX

You've got the right idea, but I would like to present it from a slightly different perspective.

Adding SCR (by itself) doesn't increase reliability or service intervals.

EGR decreases reliability and shortens service intervals. Getting rid of it restores lost reliability and restores service intervals back to what they were before EGR shortened them.

So, from a big-picture perspective, replacing EGR with SCR is a way to restore lost reliability and service intervals.

MACK E-6 and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012

4. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    God, that's depressing when you think about it.

RockinChair Thanks this.
  5. Lpirtle

Lpirtle Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    In my 2 and 1/2 years of experience, i've had several issues with the DPF system.. i've had one truck that derated before it even left the company's lot just because the DEF tank sensor had failed.. i've had to pull over to the side of the road to cook the DPF countless times.. because the first cook didn't quite do the trick.
    Besides the reliability issues, I seriously doubt that the increased manufacturing and parts and fluids is more environmentally friendly as opposed to the alternative.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.