Does this actually happen?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Midnightrider909, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    You have to list previous employers and sign a release. Don't they vet these people before orientation?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HumbleBee920

HumbleBee920 Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    I get being at the orientation still weening people out, but to just leave the guy there and let him become homeless, that is another level of screw up lol

4. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Many years ago, when I was in the U.S. Navy, stationed on board a ship, home ported in San Diego CA, I went into a tattoo parlor inquiring about the possibility of getting a tattoo.
    By the GRACE OF GOD, I walked into a tattoo parlor that actually TESTED the customer for allergies or sensitivities, BEFORE getting the tattoo.
    It turned out that I was ALLERGIC to inks, metals, and dyes, (inside my skin). To this day, I have NEVER had a tattoo or any body piercings of any type whatsoever.
    I actually THANK THE GOOD LORD UPSTAIRS for having that skin dye and metals test.

NOTE:
    I TRULY & GENUINELY hope that technology will come about to SAFELY remove tattoos from individuals, such as the tattooed guy shown below.
    If one thinks about it, that tattooed individual is a real live flesh and blood human being that needs to be able to feed, clothe, and shelter himself and his family, just like any other individual.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

some companies may NOT ALLOW body tattoos or piercings....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    The big companies have been doing that crap for years. Grab as many warm bodies as they can through the constant advertising and hotel convention room “seminars”... promise the “recruits” with paid orientation, meals, hotel, etc. and then wait until they come into orientation. Then they start the background checks& drug testing, etc and at least half of them get weeded out. The other half get pit through the prospective mega-company’s pathetic excuse for a training program and more weeded out. eventually after a year maybe one or two will be left one they complete training, finish or the year or period required to cover the training/ orientation cost then they get fed up with the corporate micromanagement/brainwashing or get fired. Then the next batch of warm bodies is waiting. The mega-company gets the “displaced worker/veteran program credits, savings on cheap labor and is able to swipe freight by slashing rates, even if the service is crummy. And if they have a need for bigger batches of suckers to bring in they cry to their ATA lobbyist buddies to bribe fmcsa to send minimum cdl qualifications further into the toilet. It’s an old game and it’s a huge reason the quality of drivers has plummeted severely in the last 20 years or more.

I witnessed a good example of that when I was in Cedar Rapids waiting for the bus to my current company. Three FULL (yes, regular size school bus, not “retard bus” size) shuttle busses from CRST came in and dropped off a whole bunch of people, I assumed they just completed their programs and were getting rides to whatever Crash & Rollover Stunt Team terminals they would be working out of. I inquired about this to a dejected looking recruit and he answered it was all people who were rejected from orientation or didn’t successfully complete training. Considering the stupidity I always witness from CRST’s current drivers on the road, I can only imagine what kind of #### ups that company and other megas scrape from the bottom of the barrel in the first place.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  6. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    The gentleman who posted above me nailed it...

No need for further commentary.

Warrior Cat and Anonymousproxy Thank this.
  7. jimbo47

jimbo47 Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2013
    southern MB
    I knew a company that the owners wife would watch the drivers coming in for interview from the office and would say ## him beard to long/tache.......no fat BSTRDS driving our trucks,looks like a paedo/queer !!!! in front of the office staff. and these are just some o the things she would say. Didn't matter if you were the worlds best driver if she said no to HR that was it. Funny thing was it was a great job the only downfall was that you came back to the yrd once a month ish under her gaze,you had to wash and clean the truck to her standard before you picked up the wages/expensives due.

8. born&raisedintheusa

Sep 20, 2012
    What trucking company was this and where was it located?

9. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Was
    Was he A Walmart Transportation driver?

10. born&raisedintheusa

Sep 20, 2012
    One never knows.

11. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Instead of crying that you got screwed by a company, don't you vet them before applying?
    Responsibility goes both ways.

superflow and TB John Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.