Need some advice...

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Coriolanus, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Coriolanus

Coriolanus Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2021
    Mordor, USA
    Yeah, I'd like to get something set up before I leave (if I leave). But being out on the road will probably make it very difficult since I can't just show up for an interview. But I'll see what I can do.

Thanks.

Val_Caldera Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    3 months WITH a trainer? I’ve never heard of that. Hell, you could be a Senior Trainer at most crap megas in that time. Lol

4. mnmover

mnmover Road Train Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Lichfield MN
    That is the way Prime operates. You need the time and miles to understand how to react in a situation when it happens. Now this, at the end of the 30,000 miles you may or may not "get a truck". Prime is way behind on getting new trucks, and the ones that buy or lease the new ones will be turning in the ones you may or may not have. Look at Driver Lineup on you tube and he explains more about Prime. They also put the Friday morning safety meetings on you tube. If you think education is expensive, wait until you try ignorance, it can cost a whole lot more. Prime even advises those in training to stay training until the winter weather is over. That way you have a few months of good roads before the snowy and slippery roads start.

5. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Southern Refrigerated Transport In Texarkana, Arnotkansas, BEFORE Covenant Bought it, had a "requirement" to Be With A Driver Trainer For 3 Months ONLY IF The Applicant Had Not Otherwise Travelled To ALL 48 States, Regardless Of Road Experience.
    It was either a Recruiter or SAFETY Department.
    I said "Thanks, NO Thanks"!

Think That Was In 2008, after returning from the Free Celadumb experience.

Adieu!

6. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
  7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    3 months is good lengthy training, and I am not opposed to it. I've been on other threads harping about how training needs to be improved in our industry. Too many companies are turning drivers out way too soon.. Mostly companies do 4 weeks, and whether you encounter enough scenarios on the road to be ready, it's a crapshoot. I would advise you, don't be in too much of a hurry to get in your own truck. 3 months is not that long when you think about it. You'll get more practice and more lessons under your trainer's guidance. If there was anything that I thought was flawed in my time as a trucker, I'd say the length of training before getting out on my own. I thought I was ready, and very quickly discovered that I wasn't. I took a few too many lumps. Try to stick it out for the 3 months, and then try to make it a full year at Prime. You will get out by yourself and making money.. it's coming. Try to be patient. If you jump now, it's no guarantee another company won't send you out with a trainer again.

8. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
  9. Coriolanus

Coriolanus Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2021
    Mordor, USA
    Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.