New driver with a quick rant

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by gone4truck, Jun 13, 2021.

1. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    think about what kind of trucking would make you happy, where you would like to run, if you like long loads or short loads, running east coast or west, being off on weekends, everyday or taking a week off every month, running nites or days, once you answer those questions you can begin to search for somthing that suits you. if your miserable it wont last. in the meantime save your money, i always say if you cant save money on 800$ a week you prob wont save money making $2000 a week. why do you think so many people who make alot more than that are still broke.? and no, the way the megas operate is the way they want you to think it is. kinda like an abusive husband or wife trying to convince their spouse they wont do any better out there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    eventually you’ll get tired of being taken advantage of, and stop for a shower and a meal.
    So, you maybe a few minutes late, most shippers/receivers will hold you for whatever reason and that’s ok, they would rather you wait on them, vs them wait on you.
    You’ll have to make your job enjoyable or you’ll be miserable.

againstthewind and stuckinthemud Thank this.
  4. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Still better than CR England!

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

You decide what is acceptableto you. Ultimately that means you may have to change jobs if the current situation doesn't seem acceptable.

6. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    “Traffic is hell sorry I can’t control that or my appointment times” rinse and repeat and eventually they’ll get the hint or give you the axe

7. againstthewind

Oct 26, 2012
    the free money runs out, working for money never runs out. thats why losers will always be losers. even if they win the lottery, we have all heard that story of the loser who won the lottery and is broke, most of them we call celebrities, drugged out and bankrupt, financially, morally and spiritually.

8. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    While it is not every lottery winner they have done studies of lottery winners from years ago. A huge amount of them was generally broke, in serious debt, and in some cases divorced and cut off from family and friends. For example, about 2 years ago one of my neighbors got a $30,000 settlement arising from a service-connected VA situation. The first thing he did was book a 2-week vacation in Hawaii. Within about 6 months all that money was gone. He is considered 100% service-connected but is living from payment to payment and borrowing money from people stupid enough to give it to him.

9. CAPTransport

CAPTransport Light Load Member

May 7, 2021
    Fayetteville, NC
    Your day sounds like a walk in the park to me. It's just the rush of being new. It'll wear off around 6 months. The pay is about average for a new driver. If you're under contract, stick it out. You aren't going to be better off anywhere else anyways.

Just some advice, most of the mega carriers use automated systems for dispatching. So yes, their ETAs they send only account for drive time and nothing else. You should be notifying them of your planned ETAs and if they don't like it, tell them to take the load off you then. Those loads you're rushing for likely have a window of all day you can arrive. Call the place up yourself and ask them. You'll be surprised.

10. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Pepsi (New Bern Transportation), Coke, Budwiser, RSI, many more sounds like you want us to do your leg work. By the way welcome to trucking...... The stress you feel is controlled by you, grab on to the ranes and take control.

11. againstthewind

Oct 26, 2012
    what i think is funny is the people waiting for a $30,000 settlement, i just put 30k net in my bank account after working a job for 7 months. pretty sure thats why they go broke, they have no respect for money or working for it, just hoping to get lucky like many have thinking it will change their life like fools.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.