Okay. I finallypulled the trigger

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by MericanMade, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Whyte Trashe

Whyte Trashe Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2019
    Charlotte, N.C
    What company were you driving for?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Whyte Trashe

Feb 22, 2019
    Charlotte, N.C
    Keep in mind that there are alot of guys here that absolutely know, without a doubt, they they run harder, work faster, work smarter and just have that extra...ooompph.. that no other drivers have. In fact, many posters in here know that they are the best... hands down. These are the reasons that they and they alone are making a killing as drivers while all the rest of us wallow in our own sloth and general inabilities, creating our own poverty and eventual failure.

They’re a dime a dozen and full of more than their share of diesel fuel.

Your best bet is to take all advice here with the ol’ grain of salt cliche’ and also personally go to several truck stops and speak to as many drivers as possible.

Eggroll'n Trucker Thanks this.
  4. Eggroll'n Trucker

Eggroll'n Trucker Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2018
    May trucking company. They have a terminal here in Pensacola.

5. Eggroll'n Trucker

Feb 17, 2018
    I quit May trucking April 2019... here was my year to date from Jan-april 2019 and the few paychecks to show you how full of diesel I am ‍♂️

I call people on their BS unless they show me the money... well im here to tell you it isn't that bad if you're willing to work!

Attached Files:

Whyte Trashe Thanks this.
  6. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Also making sure the company pays detention and stop pay is a big thing with reefer. It'll help pad the wallet

Frank Speak and Eggroll'n Trucker Thank this.
  7. Whyte Trashe

Feb 22, 2019
    Charlotte, N.C
    I just read quite a few driver reviews on indeed about May Trucking. Not one good review; best I saw stated that company was ‘ok’; the rest rated this place pretty poorly; biggest gripe was low pay.

Now, were all these guys incompetent and/or just plain lazy enough to not realize the full potential offered to them at May Trucking, had they been willing and able? I do believe that a few of the drivers mentioned that they worked out of the same location as the one that you mentioned.

Just asking questions...

8. Eggroll'n Trucker

Feb 17, 2018
    Think of indeed like yelp.... if something doesn't go their way everybody has to go and #### on a business. Rarely do people have a decent experience, and go write about it. lol May trucking isn't the greatest company, however, I made it work for what I needed it for which was my 1yr experience. I learned a lot of good/ bad and made decent money. I also dealt with some BS here and there like with any other job or company. I wanted to pull tanks right out of Cdl school but didn't have the experience so I went with the closest company within my location knowing that it was just going to be a stepping stone.

In this industry, your dispatcher can make or break you. Fortunately, the Pensacola terminal runs a tight ship and the dispatchers can be awesome if you're willing to run. Quid pro quo really worked there for me.

Either way, I showed my hand with a YTD and some paychecks. Potential is there and that money doesn't lie.

I've come across many May drivers who didn't believe what I was making till I showed my hand, but these are the same drivers who don't drive past 7pm, don't get up before 12pm, only drive 6hrs a day, don't ever bump that 70hr clock, always late on dispatch, and want to be home every weekend, etc...

Actually @Frank Speak used to work for them and I was trying to get him to be my trainer when I started. Im sure he can attest his experience with May Trucking as well.

Like I said earlier, everybody has different work ethics and expectations.

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I don't read reviews such as Yelp or Indeed or Facebook. Fully capable of drawing my own opinions.
    People get hung up on reviews and freeze and become procrastinators. They're sitting there scratching their head when they could be on the road making money.

10. Eggroll'n Trucker

Feb 17, 2018
    A very wise statement. I agree with you whole heartedly!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. MericanMade

MericanMade Heavy Load Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    I knew that May had a terminal in town, but yeah, the reviews made me shy away from them. I was impressed with this May driver "My Trucking Skills," though. Uses drone footage and multi-angle cameras to show how to back. He's good to watch.

I prefer a regional job that does get me home on weekends. I need to get home weekly to tend to the home front and visit with the wife, adult kids, and doggies. May is strictly OTR, right? Out 3-4 weeks at a time. Home for 3 or 4 days. Back out again. Correct?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.