Prime Lease

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Truckerjoe559, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Danbo

Danbo Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2019
    Paris, TN
    i dont think stripper is the preferred pronoun for that position

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Retnaburn

Retnaburn Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2019
    I used to bounce at a club in Neenah. Most of the girls are rational and don't care. The ones that do don't generally last long.

But I guess we *are* talking about CA here.

4. Danbo

Danbo Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2019
    Paris, TN
    professional exhibitionist?

5. Retnaburn

Retnaburn Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2019
    Professional ##### protector.

Edit: Oh, you mean the girls. They're construction workers. They help with erections.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  6. Retnaburn

Retnaburn Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2019
    Jesus christ, a trucking forum is censoring #####? What has this ##### world come to.

FlaSwampRat and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  7. RandyB100

RandyB100 Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2015
    I have the info from Prime if you're interested. It looks great in comparison to most of the other companies I've seen, but they only do reefer and flatbed for lease operators and each division has a different hiring area.

As for the lease deal, they clearly break down the entire arrangement in their information packet. It shows the overall price of the truck plus the APR, what the weekly payment would be, costs of all insurance, etc. They also lease APUs optionally and list the weekly price. They optionally give you weekly operating statements for $15 per week.

They do charge for excess mile use, but it's a high figure. 2900 for reefer and 2750 for flatbed.

They also offer health insurance to contractors.

"The Deal 2019" is the name of the document, and it's very long and very thorough. They cover everything you can think of. Their breakdown shows an estimated $63,700 net takehome after all expenses for a solo driver averaging 2500 miles per week and taking 3 weeks off per year.

I am speaking to 4 different companies with lease purchase programs and this was the best explanation of the program by far. They offer some great accessorials like layover and shop downtime pay, $240 and $290 respectively, but don't cover the first 24 hours like other carriers do. There's also a longevity bonus but it kicks in after 6 years. Other companies that pay retention bonuses and the like will pay year to year or some sort of completion bonus after 3 or 4 years. The truck price and payment is on par with other companies that actually quote their price. There's manufacturer warranties but I don't have the specific figures or how many miles are on their lease trucks.

They list 72% as the percentage rate but don't clearly quote what they charge for freight, even with all of the figures they list.

I was told there's paid orientation over the phone but don't remember the daily rate. They also offer a paid 3-day flatbed training program after orientation.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  8. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Penalties for a 2900 mile week? Hell, I consider 3000 miles to be the low end of acceptable. Can't even drive 5 full days a week.

Most lease mileage penalties start at around 5000 miles a week from what I have heard. Teams will hit that number. Solo operators won't.

IMHO, penalizing solo lease operators for trying to offset fixed expenses with mileage is a clear sign they will milk you every way they can.

9. RandyB100

RandyB100 Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Just how fast are you driving? I don't know if their trucks are governed but they probably are in the 65 to 70 mph range. That and unloading times (flatbed and reefer) plus elogs doesn't give you a lot of room. I'm suprised they even hit 2500 miles a week on average, TBH.

10. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    My truck is governed at 67 for cruise and pedal. My goal is 4k miles a week (managed it once.) 3500 miles is a good week. 3000 is acceptable. 2500 is terrible.

Even when I wasn't on a drop and hook account I regularly ran 3000+ mile weeks while governed at 65.

If you are paying for a lease through a mega you better be rolling solid miles on average every week, or the fixed costs will eat you alive. They #### sure aren't going to give you sweetheart CPM rates.

11. RandyB100

RandyB100 Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2015
    I have been with a mega and rolled between 55 and 60 mph the entire time. My average mpg was over 7 even at 80k lbs. My truck was governed at 63, though. What areas were you running? I-10? I-80? I have done a lot of mountain driving and sometimes was lucky to pull 400 miles that day.

https://truckstop.com/blog/furthering-your-fuel-economy/#targetText=On average, trucks will see,miles per hour (mph).

Yeah, maybe it's the carrier giving me the bad loads because I'm newer, but I still saw a check every week. Gotta start somewhere. I still made more than my first company. I don't see how you guys are making over $2k a week unless you're doing heavyhauling or maybe tanker. I don't even have a hazmat and just do dry van. I've seen checks that big but usually it's one that was picked up the previous pay period and delivered early the day after. I saw a lot of 15-1800 checks but they balanced out the 3-400 checks I had during weeks I had a breakdown.

I'd rather stick with megas due to what happened to me with the small company I worked for. They completely shut down for holidays and you'll get stuck with one trailer for weeks, even months. There's never any drop/hooks and then you have to deal with whether or not they're going to pay you the full detention you are owed.

If a breakdown happens at night then you're SOL until the next day. The other companies I worked for had a fully staffed nightshift team and a skeleton crew on holidays so we could roll 24/7 365 if we wanted to. I'm sure I don't get paid nearly as much as the smaller companies but they made life a hell of a lot easier.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.