Should I bail?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Road-house, Mar 15, 2021.

1. EuropeanTrucker

EuropeanTrucker Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2018
    What’s the company name so we can avoid it. It’s not CT right? Lol

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Road-house

Road-house Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2018
    Thank you. I'm looking for long term employment where I'm home daily or multiple times a week making decent pay. I've looked at ltl and never really got any interest from the companies I applied at I don't know if it was my resume or just bad luck? I know the right job is out there for me I just have to find it. I'm honestly thinking I'm just going to suck it up and make the commute and go to work where my cousins at it literally has everything I'm looking for other than the commute lol

Tonythetruckerdude Thanks this.
  4. Road-house

Sep 16, 2018
    It's not CT i will scream this companies name from the roof tops once I make my clean break lol.

5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    If, on the next application, you list the reason for leaving something to do with the unsafe junk equipment, you'll be fine.

JoeyJunk, magoo68, slow.rider and 3 others Thank this.
  6. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I wouldn't worry about it op , companies are screaming for drivers .
    Prior to landing where I've been for 4 years now I had a 3 year stint of BS jobs with wanna bes that talked a good line of bull.
    At the end of the day trucking companies are a dime a dozen ....good drivers are not .

7. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    I'd bail. Prob been outta service multiple times for stuff like that and today was your turn. Have you looked up their safety rating?

JoeyJunk and bzinger Thank this.
  8. Road-house

Sep 16, 2018
    I checked them out on fmcsa and as a whole the company isn't doing bad? I guess it's just my luck to land on the account where the trailers are garbage. I've talked to 3 other drivers on my account who have also been put out of service due to there trailers. It really boils down to the manager not wanting to take the trailers off the line. I could deal with it if we were trying to get the trailers fixed or straightened out but if you write up a trailer they will just tell you to grab another one. Then some other driver will grab the wrote up trailer and take it

9. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    they love it when you get put out of service and get things on your record, then they kno you cant find a better job. when my cdl is at risk its bye bye unless thats where i plan to retire or stay untill i lose my license. they can be put out of business and open as a new business in a different name, state, etc, can you get a cdl in a new name?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    bzinger and Mattflat362 Thank this.
  10. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    This tread reminds me that I believe every single trucker should be on their own.

Apprenticeships that lead you to being a carrier/O/O.

IMO, as HARD AS IT IS!!!!!!, it is easier than working for a azzwhole anyday....and this industry might have the BIGGEST Ahole bosses out of all other industries combined!

I walked off a few jobs before I went 100% solo.

tlalokay, bzinger and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  11. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I actually enjoy telling people they suck if and when they deserve to hear it. Eyeball to eyeball. "You are a chittie boss and your company sucks. Bye."

slow.rider, bzinger and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.