West Memphis

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by RetiredSarge, Jan 12, 2013.

1. country29

country29 Medium Load Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Arkansas
    then went 0600-1200a, then back in the spring went to 0600-1800. we will se what develops in the weeks to come.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RetiredSarge

RetiredSarge Medium Load Member

I met this new guy last week. If they give him a chance, I think he can do good things. This company has a lot of dead weight both at HQ, terminals and out on the road behind the wheel. I am not saying what happened at WM is getting rid of dead weight. It was a broad statement. But I do think, with the right ideas and leadership, this ship can right itself. It won't happen overnight and it might be a painful process getting there. I say we give him a fair chance. Wait a little while then make your comments for or against.

4. falcon241073

falcon241073 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Germantown, TN
    Well it has left a slight sour taste with all this. A very good friend of mine was "laid off" in this sweep. He was promoted to a supervisor position several months ago. He was one of the people telling corp they needed more cameras and the ones they had re aimed. Also there is a break in the security fence corp would not give them money to fix. But corp gets mad when they have 4-5 break ins in the last couple months and no one can find anything in the footage but shadows. They think it was a former employee.

My friend works hard and was good at his job. He was let go because they fired everyone but a few mechanics. Its not fair but its life. Pissed me off but what can I do about it? He already has another job that actually pays a little more with less responsibility. So I guess he moved up.

Sent from somewhere out there

5. jtannillo

jtannillo Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    So is the terminal back up and running?

6. bubbavirus

bubbavirus Medium Load Member

I liked the smart wash rack there. Tell me it's open?

7. RetiredSarge

RetiredSarge Medium Load Member

The terminal is open, the wash bay still worked as of Saturday when I was there. It's just the shop that is closed

8. falcon241073

falcon241073 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Germantown, TN
    Shop is supposed to be open again. Not 100% sure though.

Sent from somewhere out there

9. chemsoldier1

chemsoldier1 Medium Load Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Lufkin, TX
    Just talked to Marc (Safety director at Carlisle) today about it. Shop should be reopening soon. Didn't give me a date except that they are in the process of acquiring new staff for it.

10. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Finding new staff should'nt be hard. Just go downtown Memphis and grab a few off the streed corner like they did the last time. Pay them minimum wage, feed them a line of lies about how things will get better as they go and tell them they are now certified mechanics if they can tell you where the grease comes out on the grease gun.

11. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    It better be open again. They scheduled my service there tomorrow. I guess that's what I get huh? Now I'm hoping they hired real mechanics...lol

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.