Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Heavy Load Member
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    IL
    Trucker?
    No
    Posts
    701
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked: 495 Times

    The list of Companies that train/hire newbies

    Great addition. Very helpful. Probably 50 posts worth of questions answered there.


    Under the training I didn't see PAM/USA truck is that because they train through Driver Solutions?


  2. #2
    Medium Load Member Nashville Driver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    335
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked: 69 Times
    The mods could add to their list if they would dig up my post from a couple weeks. There are many companies missing from their list.

    http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tru...companies.html

    I actually know of more, but some of them only hire and train students through certain government training programs and or union contracts. The companies I listed will take anyone who can meet their qualifications.

  3. 01.23.2012
    Reason:
    No vulgarity, please

  4. 01.23.2012
    Reason:
    No vulgarity, please

  5. #3
    Heavy Load Member Dipschitt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South GA
    Trucker?
    2 Years
    Posts
    996
    Thanks
    172
    Thanked: 976 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Wallbanger View Post
    Rename this thread "bend over and grab your ankles"
    what do you expect? These companies are willing to take a person with no experience and train them to do a useful, rewarding career.
    Granted, the first year or two will be tough and the pay not so great, but please tell us where we can find a job or company that will train us and put us in a career where we can earn a decent living where we are living?

    You're a real sport, Harvey. If you hate trucking so much why do you do it?? Why not keep your random negativity to yourself and let the rest of us live out our dilusions of a better life.

  6. #4
    Banned or Retired
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    0
    Thanks
    1,371
    Thanked: 1,970 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipschitt View Post
    what do you expect? These companies are willing to take a person with no experience and train them to do a useful, rewarding career.
    Granted, the first year or two will be tough and the pay not so great, but please tell us where we can find a job or company that will train us and put us in a career where we can earn a decent living where we are living?

    You're a real sport, Harvey. If you hate trucking so much why do you do it?? Why not keep your random negativity to yourself and let the rest of us live out our dilusions of a better life.
    I choose not to work for a mega otr carrier that abuses their employees and keeps a revolving door of new rookie drivers going to make sure they keep the wages down.

  7. #5
    Heavy Load Member
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    IL
    Trucker?
    No
    Posts
    701
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked: 495 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Wallbanger View Post
    I choose not to work for a mega otr carrier that abuses their employees and keeps a revolving door of new rookie drivers going to make sure they keep the wages down.

    I will contradict you on this point. They are NOT abusing their employees. Most of them have E-Logs so no abuse there.
    Many of the mega carriers have fleets that they turn over every 4 or 5 years so no abuse there. The equipment is decent. More than a couple furnish apu's in their trucks.

  8. #6
    Banned or Retired
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    0
    Thanks
    1,371
    Thanked: 1,970 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp.dressed.man View Post
    I will contradict you on this point. They are NOT abusing their employees. Most of them have E-Logs so no abuse there.
    Many of the mega carriers have fleets that they turn over every 4 or 5 years so no abuse there. The equipment is decent. More than a couple furnish apu's in their trucks.
    What do log books have to do with anything?

    25cpm is abuse!

    But it will never change, as long as they can find people willing to work for it.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to 7122894003481 For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Heavy Load Member
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    IL
    Trucker?
    No
    Posts
    701
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked: 495 Times
    When I mentioned log books I was talking about them trying to "encourage" a driver to run illegally.

    .25 cpm is ugly on that we agree. No reason for anyone to take that kind of rump busting. I think you only start that low if you take the company sponsored training. Apparently they throw a rate rape in free of charge with schooling.

    Quite a few of the mega carriers start around .30 cpm or more though.

  11. #8
    Medium Load Member Nashville Driver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    335
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked: 69 Times
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

  12. #9
    Banned or Retired
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    0
    Thanks
    1,371
    Thanked: 1,970 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp.dressed.man View Post
    When I mentioned log books I was talking about them trying to "encourage" a driver to run illegally.

    .25 cpm is ugly on that we agree. No reason for anyone to take that kind of rump busting. I think you only start that low if you take the company sponsored training. Apparently they throw a rate rape in free of charge with schooling.

    Quite a few of the mega carriers start around .30 cpm or more though.
    30cpm? Let me get my pen, gotta write home about that kind of money!

  13. #10
    Heavy Load Member Dipschitt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South GA
    Trucker?
    2 Years
    Posts
    996
    Thanks
    172
    Thanked: 976 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp.dressed.man View Post
    When I mentioned log books I was talking about them trying to "encourage" a driver to run illegally.

    .25 cpm is ugly on that we agree. No reason for anyone to take that kind of rump busting. I think you only start that low if you take the company sponsored training. Apparently they throw a rate rape in free of charge with schooling.

    Quite a few of the mega carriers start around .30 cpm or more though.
    Millis offers .35 (non-perdiem) and .30 (perdiem) and you pay back their company school $20 a week for 1 year and you're done. I don't feel like I've been raped a bit. I feel fortunate to have found a decent carrier that was willing to teach me the trade and pay me a reasonable wage.
    http://www.millistransfer.com/nonperdiem.html
    Last edited by Dipschitt; 01.23.2012 at 09.19 PM. Reason:: add link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •