Airplane lights?

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by camionneur, Oct 14, 2016.

1. breadtrk

breadtrk Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2015
    So in at the retail store in Lasalle IL. Great deals on overstocks and returns.

tucker and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    AND?? If I can't see and pull a trailer over someone, won't be much help to them if I'm going slow!

If I slow down but can't see, doesn't help their safety. That's my point. If I'm driving and can't ####ing see- they are in more danger than if they were working in the dark and just caught in my headlights near the road cones or barrels-

Bright lights in a construction zone pointed at oncoming traffic is DUMB AS ####. But it will be on the truck driver when he clips someone/something whilst being blinded.

Everybody: "Write your congressman" pass along this tidbit, to your friends and family that work construction.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I hate those guys that drive with those useless driving lights on plus the headlights. Fog lights are ok when used properly, but there's no good use for driving lights.

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  5. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Especially when they point them up so it essentially gives them the same coverage as the high beams.

6. pearcetrucking

pearcetrucking Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Gainesville, FL 48states
    Yeah. These days it seems like the number of lights on a police car is inversely proportional to the size of their jurisdiction.

Snailexpress and Cottonmouth85 Thank this.
  7. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    I was just talking about using sunglasses in another topic, because what others do with lights is about as far beyond my influence as the sun (and so I need to have them handy anyway).

8. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    I use night driving glasses over prescription.

Those klieg style lights in construction zones are about the worst for me.

I prefer stock headlights on Cascadia, the color is the least unpleasant, and I really dislike those extreme so called whiter lights, they glare back to much in foggy conditions for me.

No fog or driving lights, but my night vision has always been very good.

Didn't like the headlights on a 780 Volvo and the aero Petes are very difficult to see the turn signals from any distance when the headlights are on. Just have a local company using those Petes, and not enough experience with others to judge.

On any, if the amber coating on the parking lamp and turn signal is gone, the bulb should be replaced.

Snailexpress and camionneur Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.