Anyone else, Dead on the West Coast?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Kry0n, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Well atleast you can joke about it. That right there is probably the reason. Way too many trucks. Especially in CA. Isn't your main terminal outside Ontario?

Father Luke Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Jerupa I think is the largest in cali.
    And yeah I agree. Too many trucks. My check engine light came on and closest terminal said would take 4 days just for them to get to it. Ummm yea no thanks.

4. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Hang in there and get the experience you need to move up and onward.

Father Luke Thanks this.
  5. Mr.X

Mr.X Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    If its a newer emissions truck you are supposed to ignore the engine light! Kind of jealous to hear that someone actually got one without the engine light on! :/

6. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Thanks for the encouraging remarks. I'm trying my best. Not sure how much longer I can make it. "I'm giving her all she's got capt'n"

I did get lucky 2015 freightliner 130k miles when I got her. So far she has been a trooper. Check engine light and needs front end alignment but abq terminal doesn't have the machine to align her. Haha wtf? 4 billion dollar company and they can't do an alignment there and refuses to outsource it. Alrighty then....

Mr.X Thanks this.
  7. Mr.X

Mr.X Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    A buddy of mine and his wife (team) had a little problem with slow freight just after the 4th, but are coming back strong now.
    By looking at the daytime traffic in town Im thinking a lot of folks are taking vacation time this month too.
    Don't let the swift truck ribbing get to you, before Swift there was JB Hunt, Then Schneider...
    I think all of our drivers are pretty good, but it seems like a lot of the great drivers in this world are also very abrasive, and without customers we have no jobs!
    Make the best of your slow time, it wont last!

8. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    You go where your customer's product is every week!

9. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    On another post you just turned down a load in favor of sitting 7 more hours for a 34 hour reset?

I was just going to add as well, even as a company driver you are not handcuffed to the truck's last parking location. If you judged that there doesn't seem to be a load forthcoming due to the weekend, you could just get up and pretrip your equipment and move over to a truck stop for showers and entertainment, Swift would not say anything.

Father Luke and HousTank Thank this.
  10. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    OH I'm loving where I'm at. I have all the supplies I need. Way cleaner bathrooms than truck stop bathroom.
    Took shower yesterday after my delivery so I'm good there. No security or managers bothering me as I asked permission to park here. Got my unlimited 4g lte internet. I'm living it up.

I actually countered it for tomorrow morning for pickup so they removed it from me. I have about 15 hours on my 70. Didn't make sense to me to drive 200 miles and ruin the 27 hours I have been here, just to sit for another 27+ hours to do my reset.
    I'll just sit the remaining 7 hours and have a full 70 for Monday morning.
    You would have ran the 200 miles?

NavigatorWife and scottied67 Thank this.
  11. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    And best of all I don't have any refer trailers or noisy trucks to listen to or the risk of someone taking off my front end. :D

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.