Arnold Transport-PITIFUL

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by skipr4520, Oct 11, 2010.

1. skipr4520

skipr4520 Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2010
    I have been watchn thetruckersreport 4 almost a yr now and never thought I would be one of the drivers reporting a bad company, but here I am. DRIVERS, please believe me when I tell you 2 stay away from Arnold! Spouses/significant others of truck drivers checkn here on companies for their boyfriend/husband, dont let them make the same mistake that I made. As of 08/10 all benefits have been dropped. No 401k matching, top out pay is .32 cpm with no chance E-v-e-r of a pay increase per Cantu, the orientation instructor. All benefits have been dropped. the recruiters dont tell u this UNTIL u get 2 orientation and u r given a highlighter to mark out all the benefits sections in the employee handbook and heaven forbid if u have 2 go somewhere else after orientation 2 get a truck. they tell u to fax in all reciepts and u will be reimbursed 4 the money (200.00) they advanced u to pay 4 food and fuel enroute 2 wherever u gotta pick up ur truck at. u never get reimbursed, E-V-E-R!

they say they will, but never do. If ur dispatcher is shane out of grand prarie, tx, then i really feel bad 4 u. with my experience (ending 10/11/10 after only 2 1/2 mos) this FM left me sitting for 3 days on end, ignoring qualcomm msgs sent repeatedly everyday, only 4 him 2 call u and say "dude, sorry man, i have been busy. r u ready 2 run?" this happenend not once, but TWICE!! I called and spoke 2 the flt owner and he gave me a different fleet manager and it wasnt much better. was laid brokedown for 3 1/2 days in austell, ga for.....this is funny now..........WIPER BLADE ARM ASSEMBLIES!! the first 2 days the shop 4got 2 order the parts, the 3rd day the shop ordered the wrong parts, the 1/2 of a day they spent trying to "syncronize" the old wiper arms so when they were turned on, they wouldnt fly off the windshield!! U will no doubt get a 980 mile run, BUT...........they give u 8 DAYS 2 get there and tell u they have nuttn else, so u r stuck with that one. If u do decide 2 go here, hope u like sardines, beanie weanies, vienna sausages and ramien noodles, cause this is about all u will be able 2 afford. i personally ran 4200 miles.........IN 2 3/4 MONTHS!!!!!!!! multiply that by the top out pay of .32 cpm, it isnt hard 2 figure out what i made in 2 3/4 months here. If u love 2 watch tv all the time (in the truckers lounge since u cant idle the truck and dont have an apu), hang out in the truck stops 2 talk or dont like 2 run alot of miles, then this is the place for u. i wish i would never had been refered here, i wouldnt refer my worst enemy here. I saved the best, of course for last; called in and turned in my notice and told my newest fleet manager vera, who just transfered from jacksonville terminal to grand prarie terminal, who was trained by my 2nd fleet manager and i was put on her board, that i need more than 4200 miles in 2 3/4 months, i need about 2500 to 2700 miles a week. she replied, and i quote," I cant promise u that i can do any better than that". WHAT???? if u cant do any better than giving 4200 miles in 2 3/4 mos, then u shouldnt be a fleet manager!!!!!!!!

She asked me, since i was resigning, if i could pick up a load close to me and drop both the truck and trailer in austell, ga and she would be sure to get transportation for us from the austell yard to the atlanta airport and would have bus tickets w8n 4 us there at greyhound, spend the night in the truck on saturday and go to the airport sunday morning. well, sat night no one in dispatch or management knew anything about any of it cause she didnt list anything in hte notes except that i was resigning in austell. got up sunday morning..........NO ONE THERE IN THE SHOP 2 TAKE US TO THE AIRPORT!!! We had 2 find our (my best half & I) own way 2 the airport. we went to greyhound, the office is closed sat & sun, closed monday due to the holiday. called greyhound reservation line and they had no record of a bus ticket b n reserved 4 us. I called back in 2 disp, they didnt know anything about it, so they left us 2 fend 4 ourselves and find our own way home. If u know airports, u cant pay cash 4 anything and i have no debit or credit cards, i dont like them, so i dont use them. Now we had 2 take a "shuttle hop" from atlanta to chattanooga, take another shuttle hop from chatt to nashville (175.00). after nashville,we had 2 find another "hop" home, which was 75.00 more. total out of pocket expense, to do as i was asked to do: 250.00. I never made that much in a week for them, but had 2 pay this in order for us to get home. there is alot more than that, but that touches the worst that happened to me with Arnold.

STAY AWAY FROM HERE DRIVERS, BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THAT, THEY LIE FROM BEGINNING TO END. I have been driving for 8 years and NEVER had a company do me like this before. I am not putting this in here for smart comments in return, as some people do. I also didnt put this in here so the recruiter that puts entries in here 4 Arnold to sound good, responds back with crap and lies. I was there long enuff 2 know they r PITIFUL. Yes, us express owns them, total of mississippi and a couple other companies. Arnold is strickly a backhaul company, where 8 outa 10 loads are either late 2 pick up or late to deliver, PERIOD. If u tell ur fleet manager that u r out of hours for the day, bet ur bottom dollar that u will get a PHONE CALL and they will ask u to do the run anyways. NOTICE ISAID A PHONE CALL, THEY WILL NOT SEND INFO LIKE THAT ON THE QUALLCOMM. But, when u try 2 call them, u r normally on hold for about 2 hrs, then they will pick up and ask u to call back later. And NEVER try 2 call breakdown. we broke down in tx with a high value load just south of san antonio. sent a msg via qualcomm to breakdown, no answer. sat on hold 2 different times for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hrs tryn 2 get hold of breakdown, NO LUCK. I had 2 pay for the truck out of my own pocket to get the fuel filter and fuel/water seperator filter changed (which i asked the grand prarie shop 2 do b4 i left and was told no), which was 58.00 AND NOOOOOOOOOO, U DO NOT GET REIMBURSED FOR ANY REPAIRS U HAVE DONE TO THE TRUCK WITHOUT, QUESS WHO'S PERMISSION??????????????? U GUESSED IT, B-R-E-A-K-D-O-W-N!!!!!!

i personally didnt want 2 get high jacked for the load we had, so i did what i had 2 do to deliver on time and get out of that area with that particular load. anyways, this is my experience with Arnold, others may be different, but their turnover rate is 54% and they dont hesitate to tell u that............ONLY IF U ASK!!!!!!! good luck 2 all of u and i hope u find what u r searching for. i start a new company tuesday and believe i finally made the right choice in companies. Great job on putting thetruckersreport out here for us 2 b able 2 warn each other of other companies via our experiences. keep up the great worrk!! DRIVERS, MOTOR SAFE AND HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND WHEN U GET TO IT.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2010
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thelastamericanhippy

thelastamericanhippy Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    jacksonville, fl
    They were decent,

before USX got involved !!!!!!!

In my opinion anyway !!!

truckertrish Thanks this.
  4. zentrucking

zentrucking Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Atlanta
    If they demonstrated such incompetence over 2 months _ such as not replacing an obviously bad fuel filter, and the other flubs ... why would you trust them to set up a plane and bus ticket to get you home to quit?

5. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    So I take it you weren't happy working there......

6. melpromud

melpromud Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2010
    camden ny
    Well I agree they are bottom feeders and they suck. I worked their two winters ago for a total of 12 days when I had a slow spell with my current company. I was north east regional out of Camp hill PA. It was just about the time US Express took 100% control of Arnold. I didn't know anything about US Express taken over till I got to orientation. Yes you are right about no trucks after orientation. Had to drive a rental car to the Dayton OH US Express terminal for a truck that needed 2 days in the shop after I got their. They say you must log legal till they need a hot load delivered then just get it their any way you can. That was my 2nd load. No. east reg. should be called local. Lots of 60 to 80 mile runs with hours of waiting time in between. The reason I left so soon was because of home time. I was to be home every weekend. Ya right! On the Thursday of my 2nd week I was told 2 Take a load to Virginia beach for 12 pm on Friday. I live in upstate NY. I informed dispatch even if I reload at the same dock that I unload at that I wouldn't get home till Sun. morning and I didn't want the load. Their answer was our priority is to move freight and They couldn't get me home this weekend. WRONG ANSWER! I took the truck back to the terminal and went home. Told dispatch "Don't lie to me about home time. You need me more than I need you!"
    I am now seeing US Express pulling Arnold trailers and vice versa. US Express will just absorb Arnold till they no longer exist.

ozzspeed Thanks this.
  7. rambler

rambler Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Disgusting. I don't want to sound like a butthole but in 1985 I quit a company that was paying 32cpm to work for another that paid 34 cpm. Sad part is that if companies like this go under it just creates a surplus of unemployed drivers that gives other trucking companies incentive to cut benefits, pay and other perks because of the pool of unemployed drivers searching for work... and most are willing to work for peanuts just to get a paycheck. Spare me the comments from pro-company butt kissers who would gladly work for free if your fleet leader asked you to. You can call it whining or whatever makes you comfortable, but these trucking company owners and board directors would sell their own mom for an extra nickle. I am still hopeful CSA2010 will bring wages up within a year and a half or two years into full implementation.

8. Fowl Hauler 72

Fowl Hauler 72 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Winchester,Tennessee
    I talked to a recruiter about 8 years ago he told me if I wanted to run over 2400 miles a week Arnold was not the place for me :biggrin_25523:

ozzspeed Thanks this.
  9. spork.man

spork.man Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Well, this actually puts some perspective on the whole deal. I run beer loads and was wondering how the whole buyout worked when Jacobsen took over. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I'm gathering: Jacobsen bought out the logistics and warehousing while USX picked up a lot of the actual trucking portions of the business???

I'm in Camp Hill regularly and noticed the huge number of USX trucks and trailers after the buyout and was wondering why i wasn't seeing many Jacobsen trucks there. This actually puts a bit of perspective on it.

10. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    An excellent question best left not being asked. Why kick a fellow driver when he's down?

11. ~Rachel~

~Rachel~ Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Georgia
    My husband is suppose to be in South Carolina in November for orientation for Arnold, and after reading this I'm worried. He is already having trouble with the recruiter not returning his calls. They haven't told him if he has to provide his own transportation there or if they will send him a bus ticket. Has anyone had any problems with the terminal in South Carolina? Thanks in advance

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.