Auto transport hiring little / no experience?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by SOLID C0LD, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOLID C0LD

SOLID C0LD Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows & is willing to help me find a good auto / vehicle transport company that's non union & hires CDL graduates / holders with little / no experience. I prefer no union since I've heard bad things about them, including Jack Cooper Transport & Cassens. I'm seeking any other company in or that hires from TN, preferably Smyrna, La Vergne, Nashville, Madison, or surrounding cities. I got an A with a clean record & can drive stick. I already tried searching to see if a similar post has been made, yet the search aint user friendly like other forums here

I've considered McElroy to get flatbed experience until then since they're willing to hire me & I'm having trouble being considered elsewhere with less than 4 months experience, so any info on them or nearby flatbed companies are welcomed too! No Maverick; they won't hire me since I've had a gap more than a year recently. If I have to go over the road [OTR] or regional then that's ok, as long as it's hauling vehicles or load securing

Note: I met a guy in La Vergne @ Auto Strap who had a grey truck & told me he hauled autos 28 days out, but didn't want to ask him since I felt that was too many days OTR. Now I'm regretting it :(. So if anyone can tell me what company that is, I'd be grateful

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Car hauler 1

Car hauler 1 Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2015
    United road will hire you I believe, I worked for them, good company, can do pretty much local

Maverick Griff and SOLID C0LD Thank this.
  4. 49'er fan

49'er fan Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Do not know anything about them, but I am going to sign on with them later this month. Will let you know what I got myself into.

5. SOLID C0LD

Jul 13, 2015
    if that's the one in MI, i already tried them before this post. they told me @ least 6 months, which is the 2nd lowest i know. let me know & thanks

which one?

6. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    Just so you know
    Cooper and Cassens are probably the best jobs you can get in the Carhaul Industry as far as wages, benefits, pension, etc.

Maverick Griff Thanks this.
  7. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    And...you need to have driving experience under your belt before you can start hauling cars.

8. MrBill103

MrBill103 Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Central PA
    Basically you need car haul experience before you can haul cars.
    *sarcasm

SOLID C0LD and Pullin2 Thank this.
  9. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island
    That was pretty funny actually !!!

Best place to start is here:

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Thanks this.
  10. SOLID C0LD

Jul 13, 2015
    if they don't lay off like i've read then that may be true

that can't be 100% true. Cassens hires graduates

Maverick Griff Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.