Automatic CHAINS??? ... What???

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by MidWest_MacDaddy, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island
    I concur with the TailTwister. On-Spot ( http://www.onspot.com/en-US/ ) is the biggest supplier of auto chains in the world, and they are all over the world. My buddy has them on his Western Star and swears by them as well, and yes, they do work, they are expensive, and they DO require maint. They are also legal anywhere in North America for chaining up. Personally, I'm not a big fan of them or ratchet chains, mostly because I cut my teeth on full wraps. But I've seen them work, and work well. Let's face it, if the 'tire sock' is legal for a big truck, then pretty much anything will be. OP - If you search this topic, you'll see other threads specifically dedicated to auto chains .... I'll also draw your attention to: http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...ng-are-you-ready.158771/page-214#post-5440615

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wymon

Wymon Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2013
    I agree Pullin2-I was raised in rural Alaska and, until recently most of my miles were in Alaska, Northern BC, and The Yukon so I am pretty much old school when it comes to tire chains as well. On Spots worked well for me on one of my service trucks where there wasn't much fender well clearance so conventional tire chains were pretty much out of the question. As has been mentioned, there are a few tricks to using them.

Pullin2 Thanks this.
  4. Sipesh

Sipesh Medium Load Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Colorado
    I'm a Colorado driver, and I installed them on my truck. Got tired of being stuck in snowy truck docks. They work.

Pullin2 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.