Carrier transicold

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Nadoel69, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Nadoel69

Nadoel69 Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Hi ,guys I need help . I have a carrier transicold while I'm moving with the reefer the temperature does not go down, but as soon I stop the temperature starts go down . I had been stopped whole night and the temperature gets to -1 , but as soon I start driving the temperature goes up between 40f and 60f . I had take it to Carrier dealer for 3 times but they dont find the problem.
    Have you ever seen this ?what is it ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Sounds like that load is lost already.

4. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Perhaps an air leak, as in a crack or hole in the insulation, at speed sometimes the air can force it's way through. Maybe on the roof or somewhere else less noticeable. Once picked up a trl that in humid weather you would notice the ice build up along where the roof and wall meet each night, it would raise 10-15 degrees while moving and it would stabalize sitting still. It ran full force the whole time too. I towed it in and it was put OoS. It was an old Dick Simon trailer that Swift still had putzing about the fleet.

Other than that it would have to be the unit, don't know what would cause it to lose that much efficency at speed. If carrier did thier dilligiance and everything's functioning properly.

I'll be interested to hear the theories on this one.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  5. Nadoel69

Nadoel69 Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2016
    We check the trailer for air leaks and we did not find any hole . The mechanic said that it would lose about 10 degrees maximum . The technical can't find what's going on.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.