Cascadia Evolution Simulator Queries

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by EricSim, Jan 14, 2016.

1. EricSim

EricSim Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Hey All

I'm currently working on a Cascadia Evolution simulator. There is some info that the driver's manual does not provide (or I missed it). I would really appreciate any help from the community. The first thing that I need to know is:

Are the dashboard warning lights (eg. Check Engine or Malfunction) accompanied by any form of sound? A beep or something similar. And if so, is the sound intermittent, once-off or continuous?

Regards
    Eric

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    It's a one time beep when there is something that will generate an error code although I really can't remember if makes a sound for the MIL lamp.

EricSim Thanks this.
  4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    It seems most "not-so-critical" events/errors are preceded by a momentary beep, followed by a light only. I think many minor engine error codes don't even throw a beep, but only a light so long as the state continues, but could not tell you which ones.

I'd set up any error/event (besides perhaps engine overheat or low air or low oil pressure) to beep once then light only, until you/we can verify other alarm state for various situations in reality. I imagine these more secondary issue alarms are likely to vary from one year (firmware) to the next, anyway

EricSim Thanks this.
  5. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Seatbelt light on, it will ding a few times then stop. Then repeat every 2 min or so if the seatbelt isn't on. Depending on the year because my current truck doesn't do it but been in one that does.

The usually low air brakes buzzer and light until air is above 60psi.

I had abs, check engine, 120v, and engine brake light turn on but no sound for me. Low fuel light turn on, no sound. Not sure about Def but think no sound either

EricSim Thanks this.
  6. EricSim

EricSim Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Wow thanks everyone. We really appreciate this info and that you took the time to check and report. It's enough for us to deduce everything we need on this matter.

The next item we can't seem to verify is the "OPT" key that looks like the "Menu Back" key for example. We have no idea what it does or how it's states are set up (for example does it auto return to the center or does it lock into up or down positions. Does it have 2 or 3 states?).

So far our best guess is that is related to the optimized idle feature but we simply don't have the facts.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind we figured out it's a wired placeholder for client customization. If this is not the case please let me know.

Eric

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  7. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Engine shut down alarm: red light comes on, very loud audible continuous beep, same as low air.

EricSim Thanks this.
  8. EricSim

EricSim Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2016
    @uncleal13 Thank you for the input. We appreciate it.:)

9. ajohnson

ajohnson Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2016
    chicago area
    OPT. Option, you put whatever you want there. No offence, but why are people that have never driven a truck or understand it making a simulator? You need to get a real trucker on your team

10. EricSim

EricSim Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2016
    I agree with you 100%. If we could get a full time guy for consultation it would make our lives so much easier. The problem is that we do a wide variety of sims from aircraft to underground mining. Having a full time guy for each machine is not always possible. We have a part time trucker though. He's just not available everyday so we thought getting help here for when he's unavailable would be a good idea.

ajohnson Thanks this.
  11. ajohnson

ajohnson Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2016
    chicago area
    Sounds interesting. Are these sims for safety training?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.