CDL Practice tests

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by ramm440, May 21, 2016.

1. ramm440

ramm440 Bobtail Member

May 26, 2012
    Does anyone review these tests before throwing them out here?
    I had one question on combination vehicles" How should you test the tractor semi trailer connection for security? " Two of the answers are written exactly the same, l mean exactly! One is wrong? Huh

The correct answer is the first: Pull gently forward in low gear against the locked trailer brakes, then look at it carefully.

The second answer is incorrect: Pull gently forward in low gear against the locked trailer brakes, then look at it carefully.

The moderator here should screen these tests more carefully as I believe there are other incorrect answers in these tests especially to such an important item. This is our livelihood!!!!!
    I WOULD NOT USE THESE TESTS!

Admin Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Admin

Admin TTR Forum Owner Staff Member Administrator

Apr 6, 2009
    D’oh! I’ll get that fixed, thanks for letting me know.

To put this in perspective, we have well over 1,000 questions in the CDL practice test database, so it wasn’t perfect when I created it a few years back. Our members have helped me fix the mistakes and it’s been a long time since anything was reported.

I think this particular question made it so long without being reported because it’s a bug, not false information – when you look at the question feedback, it’s still going to tell you that “Pull gently forward in low gear against the locked trailer brakes, then look at it carefully” is the correct answer, even if you clicked the “wrong” version.

All that said, I’m proud of the quality of the tests that our members have helped me build, and I think it’s the most error-free out there. Try out the HazMat tests on other sites, see how many still tell you that the correct order is SHIP.

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  4. Wackyman77

Wackyman77 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2016
    Hello im new to this site and I found that this site helped me pass the CDL Class B permit. Without this site i probably wouldnt have gotten my permit.

5. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Good to hear! Thanks for the Kudos!

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Well done, sir. Glad to hear it. :)

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  7. RoseWild

RoseWild Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2016
    South Carolina
    I've been taking the practice tests over and over for days. I finally got a score of 90! I'll keep doing it until I can consistently achieve this. Thanks so much for making these quizes available here!

bullhaulerswife and d o g Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.