Celadon in Indianapolis

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by JZenn, Jun 2, 2015.

1. JZenn

JZenn Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yesterday was my first day. I live locally, so don't need to eat or board, but I've been told there is only one contract, and I will be charged the same as those who do room and board. So I decided to eat there yesterday. Really not impressed with the food. Oh well.
    We spent the morning getting organized. Got our security briefing, and the student coordinator took the required paperwork. Spent the rest of the day buried in the cdl manual.
    More later when I have access to an actual keyboard.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LittleLucky

LittleLucky Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Indianapolis, IN
    As someone also based out of Indy can I ask why you chose to attend Celadon?

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  4. JZenn

JZenn Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's literally right down the road from my house. Also, they don't require cash up front, or good credit for financing a loan.

5. JZenn

JZenn Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yesterday was day 2. Getting used to the food and the tricksy way you can easily be charged for anything larger than a 12 oz. drink, or certain sides.
    Lots of time spent in the book, working with the overheard and highlighting. Greeted with a pop quiz, but it was only for our knowledge. We graded ourselves and kept them for study guides.
    Got called up for my physical during class. Urine sample, height, weight, vision, colorblindness, hearing, peripheral vision. Basic physical, try to touch your toes, knee reflex, was asked if I had any pains.
    Just finished taking my tests- general knowledge, air brake, combination. Out of state ppl are also taking their Indiana tests.

6. JZenn

JZenn Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sitting in the classroom, day 5 of the first week. The last 2 and a half days have been 80 to 90% self study as bunches of students have been ferried to the 2 bmv ' s the school uses. I understand our class is about twice the size as normal, but the amount of downtime is frustrating. I feel we could be working on pre trip inspection while waiting.
    Still, our instructor has given us quite a few handoutsto study.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You going reefers or flatbed?

8. JZenn

JZenn Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Indianapolis, IN
    Neither, yet. I haven't been in a truck yet. ; )

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. XCELERATIONRULES

XCELERATIONRULES Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Celadon is a great place to work.Everyone treats you with respect.I graduated in April,pretty happy with my Kenworth 680.I run team,and asked if I could run the west coast,and Ive been quite busy running ca and az.Lots of young people work at the terminal,so expect a learning curve.

JZenn and Chinatown Thank this.
  10. JZenn

JZenn Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Indianapolis, IN
    I had a bit of delay getting my CDL permit, but finally got it yesterday. Hopefully I'll be out on the range tomorrow.
    I've talked to a couple of people who've been here since the end of March. I hope it doesn't take me that long to get out there with my driver-trainer.

11. XCELERATIONRULES

XCELERATIONRULES Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Took me 5 weeks,and that was winter time with delays for bad weather.
    Make the most of your range time,so when a spot opens ahead of you,you can take advantage of it.If the final range is full of students not passing their cdl test,you could also be delayed.Your skill level will play a roll,in how fast you test out,but others may hold you up.Just be ready when they call you to range 5.

JZenn Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.